Hi all from somerset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all from somerset

Hi folks im jon I work for a turf company in somerset, used to tractors and forklifts but recently bought a old 89/90 jcb 801 for some building work im doing on house got it cheap at £500 but as you can imagine pretty rough but all works sort of! Main problem is the slew ,works fine but doesnt want to stop without having to slew in other direction tends to always creep im happy to get hands dirty can anyone point me in the right direction at all many thanks jon

Try having a read here, may be something similar to mine.
    http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...t=slew+problem
    Would you be working for a guy called Hancock? if so you are not far from me.

Welcome to the forum BTW

Comment

Hi bud no not hancock im in spaxton,sounds similar to mine not had a chance to dig into it yet not familiar with mini diggers but will give it a go only really need it for footings and to clear a load of ground the previous owner had it for 20 years said its always been like it suppose you get used to it!!

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Comment

Howdoo
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

welcome to the forum .

Comment

greetings Johnny ...... enjoy!
              If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Finally got around to looking around digger today well pleased with it,pretty rough shape but all works not sure about how much play there should be in pins bucket ones are loose as is main arm one is it the king something? Got arm slew to work after stamping on pedal so that needs sorting would help if I had a workshop/user manual anyone point me in right direction seen some pdf ones for sale? Many thanks can see this being a labour of love time to order the yellow paint!!

Comment

IMG_20170203_160403.jpg

Comment

Welcome to the forum................
                    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnygas View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]3484[/ATTACH]
                      Well she been in the wars eh Jonny ? But she come out the other side .. make sure its not just muck under the pedal stopping it having full travel
                      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Yeah its had a hard life but hopefully will do what I need it to do!

Comment

'Tis amazing what some TLC and a couple of flagons of scrumpy will do................ then one could always give it to the precious to devour and post pictures of it being consumed..........
                          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                            'Tis amazing what some TLC and a couple of flagons of scrumpy will do................ then one could always give it to the precious to devour and post pictures of it being consumed..........
                            Still not gotten on top of the pyromania then Stock
                            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

welcome to the 801 club!!that was a good buy. and with a covered in canopy. did you get the trailer thrown in?

Comment

Working...
                              X