Which Bucket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Bucket?

I will soon be preparing a field entrance ( 12 ft. wide x 20 ft.) in order to put down hard core and concrete, this will mean taking off about 9-12 inches of soil and some bits of stone previously thrown down in the entrance. I have a 36 inch grading bucket, and an 15 inches digging bucket without teeth. What would be the preferred bucket for this task please?

A two foot bucket with teeth .... Ebay here you come ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24-MINI-DIGGER-EXCAVATOR-BUCKET-FOR-JCB-801-/311786659840?hash=item4897eee000:g:A2cAAOSwA3dYeM1 e

Dont see anything second hand at the moment though ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Thinking, if it's soft enough to use the grading bucket then you will need to go deeper than 12".
      You really need a bucket with teeth if you are going to do serious digging, what about this,
      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/mini-micro...QAAOSwopRYmLkD
      looks to me like it will fit your machine. Same bloke has an 18" with teeth and a 12" without.
      Location is South Shields, not a million miles from you, take the misssus for a trip out, collect on the way.
      Only 99p at the mo.

Comment

Originally posted by 2414.ginger View Post
        Thinking, if it's soft enough to use the grading bucket then you will need to go deeper than 12".
        You really need a bucket with teeth if you are going to do serious digging, what about this,
        http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/mini-micro...QAAOSwopRYmLkD
        looks to me like it will fit your machine. Same bloke has an 18" with teeth and a 12" without.
        Location is South Shields, not a million miles from you, take the misssus for a trip out, collect on the way.
        Only 99p at the mo.
        Did anyone ever get one for that ? I'm always curious if the seller finds some way out
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
          Did anyone ever get one for that ? I'm always curious if the seller finds some way out
          usually pulled with "listing error" as the excuse
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

A two foot bucket with teeth .... Ebay here you come ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24-MINI-DIGGER-EXCAVATOR-BUCKET-FOR-JCB-801-/311786659840?hash=item4897eee000:g:A2cAAOSwA3dYeM1 e

Dont see anything second hand at the moment though ?
            Agreed ..... rake it all over with the toofy bucket to loosen all them stones previously installed ..... then grade down to your level
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Thanks all- I have put those on my ebay watch list and created a new search to follow, I just hope my machine would be man enough for a 24 inch with teeth. Cheers. Mike

Comment

Just bought a new one 24 inch with teeth from Digbits £187- decided South Shields was too far at 3 hours each way so bit the bullet ( bucket)

Comment

Thats the ticket Mike .. teeth get good penetration into the ground and your machine gets more 'power' into the dig from the narrow angle on approach from the teeth.

Comment

Thats the ticket Mike .. teeth get good penetration into the ground and your machine gets more 'power' into the dig from the narrow angle on approach from the teeth.
                    Thanks Muz good advice as per usual.

Comment

Working...
                    X