No announcement yet.

Peljob EB12 no power on 1 track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its no problem fella ... hard to know the experience of the poster, and how much they know ? ... and sometimes to save words and typing time .. you/we/me are sometimes more brief than is helpful.

Also .. some people take the view that, rather than buying a testing kit, or paying for an engineer to do the tests I mentioned, they just throw a set of seals at one of the most likely causes in the hope that it works. Not an ideal way of dealing with things in my opinion, but even main dealers do this .. particularly when they dont know their product too well , but most usually when its still under warranty, and the manufacturer picks up the tab.

Also you have to think about how much your digger is worth and how much its worth spending on it ?

As I say every one is different.

From my professional point of view... relief valve failure on a track motor would also mean a reduced pressure on another service. That type of digger will have a fairly basic block structure. They would normally only have 3 MRVS for the whole block, so , atleast one other service would be performing poorly along with that track motor if it is a relief valve problem. Thats not to say it isnt the valve its self for the motor with the problem, as you have already swapped motors and proved that there is loww pressure in there, the question is where?. Only a pressure test will reveal that., swapping hoses on the input to the valve as I mentioned, would eliminate the orbital valve.
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I will let you know what I find. Thanks again Muz.

Comment

I've found the problem and feel a bit of an idiot. The track sprocket splines have worn out!

Comment

Originally posted by Simon5310 View Post
          I've found the problem and feel a bit of an idiot. The track sprocket splines have worn out!
          What, as in you can turn the sprocket too and fro? But surely once it's going round, and taken up the slack, should it not still rotate at the same speed as the other side.
          Don't feel bad, no one else had offered this up as a possible cause, and many probably would not have thought of this as a possible cause.

Comment

You mean the sprocket teeth are so worn, its not engaging in the chain ? or jumping without rotating the track ? ... if so must be a helluva wear as those old Pel Job sprockets were quite toothy , less of them , but more metal on each one
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

The drive assembly has a splined drive shaft which goes into the centre of the sprocket and the sprocket has no spline left.

Comment

Hi Simon
                I have the same problem with my EB12 If you managed to get seals kit please let us know where you got it as I can't find anyone who has part for these old diggers.

Comment

not wishing to appear unkind ..... and as Muz said ..... would've been the last thing anyone thought of ..... but ..
                  FPMSL !!! classic Boyo ...... and one all of us will remember, for experience, I'm sure
                  If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                    not wishing to appear unkind ..... and as Muz said ..... would've been the last thing anyone thought of ..... but ..
                    FPMSL !!! classic Boyo ...... and one all of us will remember, for experience, I'm sure
                    FPMSL..... what might that be?

Comment

..... my self laughing! You can guess the first two words

Comment

Working...
                      X