Peljob EB12 no power on 1 track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peljob EB12 no power on 1 track

I have a problem with my digger. 1 track powers along fine while the other turns when off the ground.
    I have swapped the track motors from side to side and there is no difference. There is no funny noise so i believe that the final drive is ok.Does anybody have any ideas?

Originally posted by Simon5310 View Post
    I have a problem with my digger. 1 track powers along fine while the other turns when off the ground.
    I have swapped the track motors from side to side and there is no difference. There is no funny noise so i believe that the final drive is ok.Does anybody have any ideas?
    Quite likely the orbital valve and its seals .. does your dozer blade lose pressure also ? I take it you have checked you have full travel from both tracking levers
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

The dozer blade pressure is excellent. I do have full travel on the levers. Somebody else has suggested the orbital valve too. I presume that it is a very big job to do the seals.

Comment

The dozer blade pressure is excellent. I do have full travel on the levers. Somebody else has suggested the orbital valve too. I presume that it is a very big job to do the seals.
        Before delving deeper, get a look at the spool movement where it goes in and out of the block, just that, if the lever bushings are worn, or a cable housing is not secured properly you might 'feel' you have full travel, but in actual fact the spool is not being pulled/pushed far enough. Should be cables or direct linkage on that machine, if that looks ok, youve done the next best thing by swapping motors to identify the fault still exists.

The other true way to zero in on the valve, is to swap the hoses on the valve to the other motor and if the other motor then turns more slowly, and you know that the pressures going into the valve are the same for both motors, then , it can only be the valve.

Theres quite a few seals in there, it has an outer case and an internal shaft that comes out. You'll need to cap off all the feed hoses, because its a low point, and a lot of oil will run out if you dont, also, buy some coloured zip ties, so you can colour code the hoses and connections as you take them off. If you dont, its surprising how many combinations you can have of 12 hoses that wont work when you refit them ... usually they are reasonably obvious what goes where due to layout, or hose size difference, but not always Something like these £1 on Ebay
        $_35.JPG
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

So other than the hoses being awkward I don't have to basically pull the machine in half. I will check the travel etc again.

Comment

So other than the hoses being awkward I don't have to basically pull the machine in half. I will check the travel etc again.
            No not normally, you should be able to access it from above or below, depending on the way its built. You may need to get it up onto some sleepers or something though so you can get underneath it safely. The valve is usually bolted to the lower frame somehow, with a locking tab on the upper frame which makes the valve top half rotate with the upper section

Comment

*edit* and most likely there will be other pipework you will need to remove to get access... post up some pics and let us know how you get on

Comment

Thank you very much for your help muz. Do you have a lot of experience with Peljob diggers. It is a eb12 model I have been told but an old model maybe 90's are they all built pretty much the same?

Comment

They are quite basic in build technique, so not too hard to work on, although that sometimes brings its own frustrations ... Ive had just about every one they made for a run of about 10 years in particular EB150's which are not too dissimilar to yours although I never owned an EB 12 .... piccies if youve got any issue, but piccies anyway

Comment

Ok cheers. I'll be having a look later in the week. I'll take some pics for you. Thanks again.

Comment

How do i post pictures?

Comment

How do i post pictures?
                        Theres some 'How to's in the 'About' section and this one

http://www.plantandconstruction.co.uk/showthread.php?952-Uploading-pictures-and-Video-clips-to-the-forum

Youve now passed the restrictions thresh hold for a new member to be able to do it

Comment

Pressure relief valve

I have just had a suggestion that the problem could be being caused by a pressure relief valve on the track circuit. The guy has said that in his opinion it isn't the centre joint as they normally leak and have an effect on the operation of other things on the machine I.e the blade goes down.
                          Any thoughts?

Comment

I have just had a suggestion that the problem could be being caused by a pressure relief valve on the track circuit. The guy has said that in his opinion it isn't the centre joint as they normally leak and have an effect on the operation of other things on the machine I.e the blade goes down.
                            Any thoughts?
                            Thats why I asked earlier about the blade ... and later suggested that the only true way to isolate the valve being at fault was to know the pressures going in were not the same as those coming out

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                            Before delving deeper, get a look at the spool movement where it goes in and out of the block, just that, if the lever bushings are worn, or a cable housing is not secured properly you might 'feel' you have full travel, but in actual fact the spool is not being pulled/pushed far enough. Should be cables or direct linkage on that machine, if that looks ok, youve done the next best thing by swapping motors to identify the fault still exists.

The other true way to zero in on the valve, is to swap the hoses on the valve to the other motor and if the other motor then turns more slowly, and you know that the pressures going into the valve are the same for both motors, then , it can only be the valve.
                            The centre joint does not always leak, when it has a fault , but I did suggest, you check your input pressures to make sure it is the valve for sure.

Comment

I wasn't saying that you were wrong. I am gonna get on the job on Thursday so should know more then. I am so happy that people like yourself are willing to share information and help people who don't have the experience you clearly have.

Comment

Working...
                              X