Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Volvo hydraulics

Volvo hydraulics

hello

looking for some advice if I could!! Have an old 2001 Volvo ec15b with a burst hose that goes to blade/dozer, I wish to rectify this but wondering how I access the other end as it appears to right into centre of slew area... Is floor up best access?

Many thanks
    phil

ps what engine oil do Folk suggest!

Thanks

Access from underneath .. its one of the bottom hoses off the rotary distributer .. get it up on some sleepers to be safe .. dont jack it up and take a risk ! you cant trust a hydraulic hose ..

Oil is AWS 32 grade

Welcome
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help lots of others, which is why we exist

Thanks Muzz, will I be able to access with spanner from underside?

what about engine oil? It's the l3 Mitsubishi I guess? As planning a wee service

thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Philthy View Post
    Thanks Muzz, will I be able to access with spanner from underside?

what about engine oil? It's the l3 Mitsubishi I guess? As planning a wee service

thanks for your help
    4 x 13 mm bolts for the plate .. bit tight for space IIRC .. 10W30/40 for engine just the usual .. L3's arent too fussy AFAIAA
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help lots of others, which is why we exist

Thanks Muzz great info got hose no bother it was top one so had to remove lower two first.. Plumbed them up wrong way round lol but fix that next time..

guess i I should drain hyd oil and replenish. Any idea of volume

Thanks Muzz great info got hose no bother it was top one so had to remove lower two first.. Plumbed them up wrong way round lol but fix that next time..

guess i I should drain hyd oil and replenish. Any idea of volume
    I usually suggest using coloured bag ties to avoid that .. its amazing how many combinations of six hoses there are .. no need to drain oil its always under pressure so no dirt should have got in, just top it up to half way up the window under te seat with all rams at mid stroke.

If you are worried about dirt, theres a spin on filter under the seat wouldnt do any harm in changing

Exhaust

Hi Muzz

any tips on removing exhaust as I can't seem to get at the silencer box bracket, is it engine out?

thanks
    phil

Hi Muzz

any tips on removing exhaust as I can't seem to get at the silencer box bracket, is it engine out?

thanks
    phil
    Almost .. you need to move it forward .. have a look on here for the starter removal thread, it explains all about the exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    Almost .. you need to move it forward .. have a look on here for the starter removal thread, it explains all about the exhaust
    Thanks bud good write up. I think I'll throw on gum gum clamp to shut her up for a week or two.

What at engine oil do you use on yours?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast