Bought me a crusher!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought me a crusher!

Soooo been awhile since I posted on here but I have been lurking. I have just bought me a Red Rhino 3000 series crusher! It's a great price of kit. But as I knew nothing about them I flew down to the factory for a look and a demo. I was well impressed so I bought one! It's been great on the ck Crete in the yard can cope with the pink granite we get but the black/blue basalt stuff it doesn't like but then nothing does.
    IMG_2249.jpgIMG_2250.jpgIMG_2241.jpg

Nice one Jim .. as we agree straight hire is on its arse .. so a nice wee diversification mate ... where the f have you been man ? What kind of jobs are you angling to use this on cos I'm sure it was no small investment
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Had a read about it! Nice piece of kit there but as Muz also seem to wonder, what application did you get for??

Comment

Well I thought there isn't another round these parts and I can get hold of concrete and tar and all manner of things to crush pretty easily. I have the space, the power unit for it (tractor) and I have the machine to load it. Couple of jobs I last year I went through over 100 tones of subbase on each job. If I can make and sell my subbase cheaper then it's win win. With it going on the tractor it's also easy to move. And if a job that can be done when the weather is shit. So what ever the weather I can keep working. Ordered a wireless camera to mount on it so I can see into the hopper via a screen I will fit in the cab of the digger.

Comment

Sounds excellent Jim .. good to see you trying something different and I'm well interested to see how its going to work for you ? .. looks a tidy wee set up
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

How many hp's do you need, looks a handy piece of kit.

Comment

Originally posted by diggerjones View Post
              How many hp's do you need, looks a handy piece of kit.

Its run off the hydraulics. Needs 70l per minute my JD pumps like 95 so it's fine. Must of put 30/40 ton through it and apart from bridging now and again it's been great. I think the bridging is more me loading it wrong. I have chocked it through by not noticing and putting through a really hard granite/basalt stone! Seems to be working in my favour and that's what it's all about!

Comment

Working...
              X