mini digger project 801.4/5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

foggy.!

Hi guys thanks for info, the company that sold me the poly told me that it would remain clear, so i will get back to them tomorrow. what you both should know is that in Co Kerry it rains most of the time and therefore you cannot see out of any window , unless it is open

Originally posted by Muz View Post
    Havent checked this thread for a while .. hope you are well dude and treatment goes well for you ... your digger has sure come a long way since you started !! good job .. Id agree with V8 about the glass on the front .. polycarbonate will just go buff .. and will be like digging in a constant foggy day before your know it !

Comment

Hi, liking the windows. I have an open cab machine and have been considering doing the same. Have you got any close ups of the fixings and hinges? Do you think they would survive towing on a trailer?
      An easy option for an opening front windscreen is like they have on Menzi's, hinged at the top and a couple of gas struts. Provides a rain shield which I find nicer than pulling it back into the cab as per most machines. Only downside is you can't use the offset with the window open. Haven't got any photos at present, as mine is away. When I see it next I could get a couple of shots if you are interested.
      Graham

Comment

window fitting

Hi Graham

I have not fitted attachments yet, but envisaged a slider on one side of one window with an bolt and wing nut, to keep in position.Obviously would only be able to open or close form outside but that would be fine . Interested in your photos when you get your machine back. thank you for your input.

Originally posted by Grahams View Post
        Hi, liking the windows. I have an open cab machine and have been considering doing the same. Have you got any close ups of the fixings and hinges? Do you think they would survive towing on a trailer?
        An easy option for an opening front windscreen is like they have on Menzi's, hinged at the top and a couple of gas struts. Provides a rain shield which I find nicer than pulling it back into the cab as per most machines. Only downside is you can't use the offset with the window open. Haven't got any photos at present, as mine is away. When I see it next I could get a couple of shots if you are interested.
        Graham

Comment

Thank you Graham, great pic, and looks a good machine, why a Q plate, if i remember Q plates were for kit cars

Originally posted by Grahams View Post
          Took some pictures of the opening front window.
          Graham

Comment

Originally posted by Smarttee View Post
            Thank you Graham, great pic, and looks a good machine, why a Q plate, if i remember Q plates were for kit cars
            Tried to get a normal age related number plate, but after 4 months of messing about with DVLA ended up with a Q plate. They needed prof of age, makers plate no good, letter from UK dealer no good, letter from factory, no good. In the end I eventually got hold of someone on the phone and explained I would occasionally run it on the road regardless of having a number plate and paying road tax . I was trying to do the right thing but they were doing their best to make me run dodgy. They eventually condescended to take my money if I would have a Q plate, so that is what I ended up with. It is no wonder the country is in a state, I’m trying to give the government money and the idiot civil servants are doing their best to stop me.
            Graham

Comment

finished at last

IMG_20180412_105543.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Smarttee View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]4063[/ATTACH]
                how did you go about your window installation after Boyo ?
                If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
                X