No announcement yet.

mini digger project 801.4/5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in the midlands but distance is no object. The machine is one of the early 801s, floor mounted levers

Comment

track adjustment photo

removed tracks today, and dismantled both adjusters . bolt threads had stripped hence why not working!

IMG_20170606_150817.jpgIMG_20170606_151413.jpgIMG_20170606_182022.jpg

does anyone know what the 3 holes (presumably for bolts) are for there are three each side of the leg, I am assuming there should be a cover to stop all the muck entering the cavity!

thank you

Comment

Such a cool project. That;s a nice little digger.

Comment

track adjuster

Had to enlarge thread to 27mm from 24mm and made up stud bar with nuts welded as adjuster , should work, but it was difficult to work in such a small aperture.

IMG_20170622_140435.jpgIMG_20170622_140507.jpg

Comment

Try RHT Plant in uk-07976548673 it would appear they have one for sale on ebay

Originally posted by cartonj View Post
            Hi Smarttee,

Great work, have you came across any one breaking an 801 in Ireland. I think the slew ring replaced or possibly the slew gearbox on my old 801 need repaired/replaced. Plenty of noise and play when slewing with a load.

Thanks,

John.

Comment

that blade looks like it's seen better days Boyo and some 'interesting' repairs

Coming together though, fair play to you

was watching a similar 'basket case' 3 tonner recently on ebay with a 99 quid start, thinking Hmmm ... kicked off in the last day though and made over 2 grand ... was very surprised at how many bidders/bids it actually got
              it was a serious basket case and yer never know what's missing??
              If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

just found that basket case .... made 2750 squid

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hanix-H15b...vip=true&rt=nc

same machine ......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/hanix-digg...vip=true&rt=nc
                If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Thank you for your comments v8druid
                  yes blade is a disaster, had to cut one of the pins to remove the the blade from the chassis brackets and then heat the brackets to remove the rest of the pin. I have located a blade in uk, but may try to fabricate this one, if the pin holes etc are usable with new pins and bushes etc. the ram works !!

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                  that blade looks like it's seen better days Boyo and some 'interesting' repairs

Coming together though, fair play to you

was watching a similar 'basket case' 3 tonner recently on ebay with a 99 quid start, thinking Hmmm ... kicked off in the last day though and made over 2 grand ... was very surprised at how many bidders/bids it actually got
                  it was a serious basket case and yer never know what's missing??

Comment

Originally posted by Smarttee View Post
                    removed tracks today, and dismantled both adjusters . bolt threads had stripped hence why not working!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3616[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3617[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3618[/ATTACH]

does anyone know what the 3 holes (presumably for bolts) are for there are three each side of the leg, I am assuming there should be a cover to stop all the muck entering the cavity!

thank you
                    Terry, page 157 tells you that these holes are for when you change over to steel tracks, you bolt some guides to these holes. Take a look at the manual, it will probably make more sense than me.

Comment

thank you Peter. as usual I jumped the gun instead of doing research,

Originally posted by 2414.ginger View Post
                      Terry, page 157 tells you that these holes are for when you change over to steel tracks, you bolt some guides to these holes. Take a look at the manual, it will probably make more sense than me.

Comment

Thank you for your comments v8druid
                        yes blade is a disaster, had to cut one of the pins to remove the the blade from the chassis brackets and then heat the brackets to remove the rest of the pin. I have located a blade in uk, but may try to fabricate this one, if the pin holes etc are usable with new pins and bushes etc. the ram works !!
                        Looks like they've been mine sweeping with it .... how much is the blade? might be an easier proposition if it's a good price

Comment

£150, and a trip to uk but thats ok the weather better over there!!

Looks like they've been mine sweeping with it .... how much is the blade? might be an easier proposition if it's a good price

Comment

£150, and a trip to uk but thats ok the weather better over there!!
                            why not pallet freight it out to you ?........unless you REALLY want to come here ..... where is it in the UK .. if it's local-ish I don't mind taking a look at it for you

Comment

its in ilkeston derbyshire, check it out on ebay, http://www.ebay.ie/itm/JCB-801-Dozer...19.m1438.l2649

its looks okay, its to far away for you just to check it, but thank you for the offer very kind indeed,

why not pallet freight it out to you ?........unless you REALLY want to come here ..... where is it in the UK .. if it's local-ish I don't mind taking a look at it for you

Comment

its in ilkeston derbyshire, check it out on ebay, http://www.ebay.ie/itm/JCB-801-Dozer...19.m1438.l2649

its looks okay, its to far away for you just to check it, but thank you for the offer very kind indeed,
                                Aye ..... fair way from me

They're not the cheapest for bits .... always have pages of stuff on ebay

Comment

Working...
                                X