No announcement yet.

mini digger project 801.4/5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure but there cheaper than here, Have you not heard about ROI rip of ireland
    I contacted JCB today in Co Cork and they have pins and bushes for the dozer, so awaiting a price and have asked if they have new blades!! probably to expensive for me, but its good to know.
    I am rather concerned that the blade on ebay is still on machine and I cannot see the holes in the top of the arms for the pins, could be worn as bad as mine so it would be a pointless exercise traveling over there to see it,if its no good. I am going to email them to get the to remove it, before I agree .

thank for looking v8druid

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
    Aye ..... fair way from me

They're not the cheapest for bits .... always have pages of stuff on ebay

Comment

nearly completed

rollers should be here this week, and I am having a pin made for the boom, going to uk next week to collect the Blade providing its ok. :) then all pins and bushes are going to be made for the blade and ram.

IMG_20170707_163809.jpgIMG_20170707_163754.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Smarttee View Post
        rollers should be here this week, and I am having a pin made for the boom, going to uk next week to collect the Blade providing its ok. :) then all pins and bushes are going to be made for the blade and ram.
        Found this lot this morning after a flyer arrived in my inbox ..... might be worth a call ??

http://plantsparesonline.com/
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

front blade

Hi , apologies for not being around, project stopped because diagnosed with big C, and to many things going on with that to have the energy to continue with the rebuild.
          I did manage to get to uk, and the blade was in really good condition, and had pins made locally . so worth the trip

IMG_20170810_163302.jpg

Comment

Best of luck with the treatment .Hopefully been found early enough .

Comment

... Very sorry to hear that Boyo .... as Ian says, hopefully found early enough, to be easily treated, effectively .... good luck and chin up ......... keep us posted

Blade looks good too
              If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

canopy /cab on

Thank you for your thoughts.

fitted modified canopy yesterday, and will fit rubber under frame today, give it resilience and seal it to. I am going to weld a plate on both sides where the tanks are to eliminate ingress of water and I have poly carbonate sheets for the frame to pop rivet on,utilising a rubber seal between frame and poly, may take a few days in between stormy weather.

IMG_20171017_123802.jpgIMG_20171017_123732.jpg

Comment

Thank you for your thoughts.

fitted modified canopy yesterday, and will fit rubber under frame today, give it resilience and seal it to. I am going to weld a plate on both sides where the tanks are to eliminate ingress of water and I have poly carbonate sheets for the frame to pop rivet on,utilising a rubber seal between frame and poly, may take a few days in between stormy weather.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3934[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3935[/ATTACH]
                  well you's has had plenty o' that the last few days eh

We only caught the edge of it and was some bit blowy, but nice and warm with the odd spot of rain only

That machine of yours is looking a lot better than when it arrived

Comment

On the way to a dry Cab/canopy

A slow process to shape and fit polycarbonate but will be great to work in the dry during the winter!! have to think about a heater next

IMG_20171023_125346.jpg

Comment

A slow process to shape and fit polycarbonate but will be great to work in the dry during the winter!! have to think about a heater next

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3964[/ATTACH]
                      looks very tidy. I'd have gone for a glass screen though as it's gonna need clearing all the time and poly isn't going to stand all the wiping
                      I'd invest in a large bottle of Rain X ...... or whatever they call the stuff these days

http://www.rainx.co.uk/

on edit

just been reading their site and you'd need this one

http://www.rainx.co.uk/rain-x-produc...ter-repellent/

Comment

looks very tidy. I'd have gone for a glass screen though as it's gonna need clearing all the time and poly isn't going to stand all the wiping
                        I'd invest in a large bottle of Rain X ...... or whatever they call the stuff these days

http://www.rainx.co.uk/

on edit

just been reading their site and you'd need this one

http://www.rainx.co.uk/rain-x-produc...ter-repellent/
                        Ah, so this is where you’re lurking Druid. I was beginning to worry.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3964[/ATTACH]
                          Havent checked this thread for a while .. hope you are well dude and treatment goes well for you ... your digger has sure come a long way since you started !! good job .. Id agree with V8 about the glass on the front .. polycarbonate will just go buff .. and will be like digging in a constant foggy day before your know it !
                          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Pond digger View Post
                            Ah, so this is where you’re lurking Druid. I was beginning to worry.
                            Evening Chris .... combination of factors ... repeated log in failure elsewhere being the main one ..... can look but not comment ... ...... and I have quite a lot to comment on

Comment

Evening Chris .... combination of factors ... repeated log in failure elsewhere being the main one ..... can look but not comment ... ...... and I have quite a lot to comment on
                              I can well imagine.

Comment

Terry

as for your front window try to make it so it can be pulled half way down on runners it makes a massive difference when digging for visibility. That will be easier to do with glass I guess but suppose poss with polycarb.I can send a pic of mine if any good but as no photobucket it could take a couple of days to figure out sending pics now.
                                Good luck with the treatment and here's hoping for a positive outcome .

Comment

Working...
                                X