Mulcher for Hitachi ZX85us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mulcher for Hitachi ZX85us

Have been contemplating purchasing a mulcher head for my Hitachi, the sales chappie says I must have a flow of about 120L/min . Can't manage to get correct figures for my machine, is there somebody out there who can put me right ,am I pushing it a bit for this size of machine?

Originally posted by Speysider View Post
    Have been contemplating purchasing a mulcher head for my Hitachi, the sales chappie says I must have a flow of about 120L/min . Can't manage to get correct figures for my machine, is there somebody out there who can put me right ,am I pushing it a bit for this size of machine?
    You'll need to find the figure , cos those heads are power hungry .... if you cant find it on line...or from a Hitachi dealer .. a hydraulics guy will have a pressure test kit/ box that also tells you flow rate
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

IIRC that'd be about 20-30 l/m short ...... I believe it's about 90-100/m from memory
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Flow rate on zx85 is 67 l/min and 102 l/min with the pumps linked

Comment

Thanks chaps for taking the time to give me the info , looking like my machine is going to be slightly underpowered for the mulcher head , upgrading to a newer digger with better oil flow might be my best option so think will continue doing the lottery

Comment

Have you got a job lined up for that sort of head/gear ? anything else you could use ?
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
              Have you got a job lined up for that sort of head/gear ? anything else you could use ?
              Muz :Just low tree branches and general scrub , had been looking along the lines of an ESL tree shear will have to go back and look at it again

Comment

Working...
              X