Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydraulic rams

Hi Guys

how do you remove hydraulic ram gland housing?, does the eye unscrew (or the piston inside) for my JCB 801.4
    thank you

Many different ways . Some simply screw out,Some have wire in a groove to find the end of, Some Circlips .
    When you get to removing the piston head They usually screw off . But JCB has a habit ofputting a dowel pin through.So take the wide wear seals off and check under them for the dowel ..Hopefully the boys with the Small JCB experience will bea long to give their thoughts .

Comment

C spanner, unscrews the end cap, that the ram goes through on mine.
      Although your machine is slightly different to mine, your controllers go through the floor by the looks of your pics on your other thread, mine are mounted either side of seat.

Comment

Thank you both :)

C spanner will undo mine to, my query is how to get the end seals fitted (not the piston seals , under C spanner nut) are all the seals split like piston rings?
        Ah there appears to a nut on other side of piston, hence all parts need to be removed from the ram to fit a new end seal. JCB never make it easy do they, Just as well they never built ships!

Comment

Hi T
          Rams start at page 115 in the manual, page 119 has an exploded view of ram and all it's various parts, should be of some help to you.

Comment

Hi P

Thank you, Can't you sleep?
            Yep I checked the manual, and its all there.
            I stripped a controller completely down today,someone had welded the locking lever to the main moving body, crazy. will take some photos tomorrow, and post here.
            I think ours must be the same, mine are bolted to floor and the tanks.

Originally posted by 2414.ginger View Post
            Hi T
            Rams start at page 115 in the manual, page 119 has an exploded view of ram and all it's various parts, should be of some help to you.

Comment

Hey Muz can you attach this to the restoration thread for the sake of continuity.............................disorganise d posters having me chasing around the forum feck feck feck
              A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Smarttee View Post
                Hi P

Thank you, Can't you sleep?
                Yep I checked the manual, and its all there.
                I stripped a controller completely down today,someone had welded the locking lever to the main moving body, crazy. will take some photos tomorrow, and post here.
                I think ours must be the same, mine are bolted to floor and the tanks.
                I knew it was there, just had to find the page number for you.
                Looking at one of your last pics it looked like your controllers were floor mounted, which made me think it was not the same as mine, will have to take another peek.
                Keep posting updates.

Comment

Working...
                X