Hello from sonnyliverpool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from sonnyliverpool

hi all im hoping to start a career as a plant operator. But, im 33 old and have no experience in construction. i am thinking of doing a cpcs tele handler course as its not to expensive and it dosent look to hard. can any of you tell me how hard it would be for someone like me to start a career in plant with only a cpcs red card? is cpcs tele handler a good place to start? as i have not booked the course yet so its not to late to change my mind also do any of you know any good training schools around liverpool? thanks all

Hell of a lot of nouse required on a telehandler .... not as easy as it looks handling loads, aside from basic pallets ..... which is what yer average course'll stick on the forks .... wait til you got a 6m pack of timber across 'em and the ground's like the Somme!!

ADT would be an easier door ...... in comparison IMHDO
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Hello and welcome

Dunno about uk. But here the most common way to get into operating is starting as a labourer doing ground work like laying pipe and keeping track of grade. The smaller team the easier. Say in a two man team, one excavator and one labourer, the labourer will often get to operate wheel loaders and dumpers when theres need for it..
      The road to operating excavators is short then

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
        Hell of a lot of nouse required on a telehandler .... not as easy as it looks handling loads, aside from basic pallets ..... which is what yer average course'll stick on the forks .... wait til you got a 6m pack of timber across 'em and the ground's like the Somme!! ADT would be an easier door ...... in comparison IMHDO
        so do you think it would be easyer geting a ADT operater jod than a telehandler? as a novise?

Comment

Welcome dude
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

thanks for the welcomes

Comment

Working...
            X