Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ec15b bucket ram sloppy

Hi all,

today started the -15 after it had stay idle for a cpl of days. Lifted the boom and when doing it, the bucket swinged back and forth as if it had no ram attached to it all. It was swayed free until I moved the joystick to close the bucket. That stopped the swinging movement and the bucket could be moved normally from open to close and backwards.

what's wrong with the system now?

it does not leak oil out of the cylinder, no leaks in tubes. All I have is some oil drops dripping somewhere around the pump(?)

any quesses what could done ?

Cylinder check valve?

Comment

Originally posted by Locofitter View Post
      Cylinder check valve?
      rarely fitted on a bucket ram Lee
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Oops, misread.

Comment

so youve got some cavitation appeared from somewhere, do you mean the dipper ram allowing the whole dipper to swing back and forth, or just the bucket ?
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
            so youve got some cavitation appeared from somewhere, do you mean the dipper ram allowing the whole dipper to swing back and forth, or just the bucket ?
            It's only the bucket that has lost its mind. Dipper is good and boom as well.

Just wonder how this could happen. If the rod seals would leak, there would be some air sucked into the cylinder. As the fluid does not compress nor disappears ( in case all the circuits are not leaking) the air just gets in to the cylinder. The cylinder rod extends and sucks more air in. When fully extended, there's enough air in the cylinder to enable the swing to the point where the rod was initially when parked. Beyond that point it should not swing as the fluid does not allow more movement.

would this make sense? rod seals need to be replaced and the rod sanded and polished to remove the dents.

Comment

Working...
            X