Kubota U -10 slew bearing greaser failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kubota U -10 slew bearing greaser failure

Hello boys and girls .. tonights lesson is about observation , and the rumbling feelings you sometimes get in your bottom .................... Was working one of my 3/4 tonners last week and felt a slightly uneven slew function when rotating the digger .. turns out the bearing hadn't been getting any grease due to a burst greaser feed pipe..

IMG_1110[1].jpg

You can see the hole in it .. dont know why it burst ?.. most likely because of fouling in the bearing which meant a high pressure build up in the pipe when grease was pumped in.. and the pipe blew.
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Heres where it goes into the bearing and a bugger to get to IMG_1107[1].jpg

No .. couldnt see that ? .. this one then

IMG_1106[1].jpg

What ?.............. your eye sight going ?

doh ..... this one then
    IMG_1108[1].jpg

Well that the one I replaced with copper
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

No fekin olives though .. had to use the plastic ones..on a copper pipe .. as I didnt have proper plastic replacement pipe and... those fookers blew off .. still ... should have cleaned out the connector like a proper plant boy wot ay am .. so after that done.... she greased up nicely .. good old fashioned story dont pump those nipples too hard boys .. if she blows ...no lube is a rough ride to disaster

Comment

Working...
      X