volvo ec 15 won't to run once it gets up too operating temp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• volvo ec 15 won't to run once it gets up too operating temp

Need help with ec 15 it will start and run fine and all operates good when it's cold can run it for 30 min to an hour then it will start bogging down and eventually the engine will die and won't start back up until it cools again have checked getting fuel.to the injection pump when this happens but no fuel.to the injectors can by pass the solenoid on the back of the pump and it will try to.start but won't quite run not getting any warning lights could this be a hydraulic issue maybe of fuel pump her to hot ?

I would check Fuel line Banjo fittings . Some have filters that do block up .

Comment

Could be a range of issues ... if its not a blocked filter its most likely drawing air somewhere, change and clean all your fuel filters and make sure the electric lift pump is running under the diesel tank, once youve done that, diesel should be jumping out of the hose onto the injection pump by a good half inch, if it isnt, theres not enough flow, and either theres a restriction in a line or in the tank or its drawing air
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

update

I will check the fitting I did check the girl to the pump when it does this and getting plenty of the to the pump shooting out of the line about a inch or more but when I remove the injector line I get nothing out

Comment

Originally posted by lefty1228 View Post
          I will check the fitting I did check the girl to the pump when it does this and getting plenty of the to the pump shooting out of the line about a inch or more but when I remove the injector line I get nothing out
          well you need to check each component one by one. Ianoz mentioned about banjo connectors, which are norious for getting gummed up, well there arent any on that machine, but the filter head can get blocked in exactly the same way as a banjo and needs blown out with an air line to make sure its clear. just step through each part bit by bit
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

checked the filter head all clean no signs of air or y
            trash in the system I think either the injector pump.is going out or the actuator on the back of it when it dies I'm getting fuel to the inlet of the injection pump but nothing to the injector and can bypass the actuator and it will start getting fuel to the injector but not alot.of fuel like a weak pump or the actuator acting up

Comment

Originally posted by lefty1228 View Post
              can bypass the actuator and it will start getting fuel to the injector but not alot.of fuel like a weak pump or the actuator acting up
              Could be .. but they tend to be all or nothing units, just take it off and see if she runs then as its energised and retracted to keep the machine in running mode.. to shut it off youll need to poke a wee stick in there .. I prefer not to stick my fingers into running engines

Comment

IMG_3801.jpgIMG_3801.jpg
                Ec15b manual suggestions.

Sorry. Cant remove the stamp size pics and dont know why did they become such lilliputs after all.

Comment

does anyone know what the hydraulic filter number is or where to by one for this machine having a hard time finding one in my local area

Comment

Hey .. first up .. is it running ok yet ?

Comment

Working...
                    X