Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JCB 8015 engine oil filling radiator after new head gasket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCB 8015 engine oil filling radiator after new head gasket?

hello all,
    Equipment: jcb 8015, perkins 3 cylinder engine.

I suspected a head gasket failure, the symptoms were a empty radiator, boiling oil in the rocker, and lots of puffing smoke from the rocker cover breather.
    the garage stripped and replaced the head gasket after checking the head and block, when they attempted to fill the engine with new oil, the oil entered the radiator via the coolant pump, and that is all they have told me?

can anyone tell me why this could happen and why the oil is not falling through the engine into the sump?

thanks all, hope you can help

Sounds like core plug trouble as well .. Welcome BTW
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Sounds like core plug trouble as well .. Welcome BTW
      is this a motor with the core plugs in the head, under the rocker cover Muz, like Metod's (traktorist's) Ovlov?????
      Can't see much other way of the oil going direct into rad from the head .... weird ?????

Oh, and welcome Boyo
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
      X