thumb hydraulics only move one way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thumb hydraulics only move one way

I have a komatsu pc35mr2 when I bought it the thumb hydraulic ram was broken. I finally replaced the ram and it would only extend so I switched the one way/ two way switch for the attachment and then it only retracts. I am out of ideas here and I am hoping somebody else knows of a simple solution. I need the thumb to get any use out of it. thanks

Are you sure it was originally plumbed as a two way attachment ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

yes it has had a thumb on it forever, it has a valve that is supposed to switch it to 2way or 1way

Comment

what operates the thumb? .... breaker pedal or something else?
        there is a way to get it to run off a single way service ..... with a cetop3 solenoid operated valve, a couple of buttons and a bit of lectrickery string
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

think I am close

well after lots of fiddling with it I got it to slightly work, when I bought it the ram was broke and it had no swing or blade hydraulics. So I replaced the ram and the gear pump. Now I believe next step is to check all the pressure settings. I believe when the gear pump went somebody messed with the settings and that is the problem. I still need to purchase a few things before I can check them correctly

Comment

Working...
          X