Hello from sunny Southern Spain and Gibraltar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from sunny Southern Spain and Gibraltar

I left my home town of Hove, Sussex UK in 1978 to take a six month contract as a sport instructor in Estepona in Andalucia Spain.........I'm still here

In 1980 I bought a 30 acre farm for the silly price of around £8000. To farm this area I bought a 1953 Lamborghini tracked tractor that I still have.

I used to use a local lad with his JCB to do odd jobs around the property but when the building boom started he was never available. I then decided to buy my own JCB. This was a 1993 JCB 3CX Sitemaster that was transported from Wales.
    The JCB and an AUSA dumper truck have been the mainstay of our finca (farm). From necessity I've become quite a proficient JCB machine operator as well as learning to be a fairly proficient engineer. I have my own workshop with a lathe, milling machine that is used on an almost daily basis.

I tend to think outside the box when problems arise so hopefully I may be able to contribute in some small way on the forum.
    My other passion is for Mercedes Benz sports cars, I have two SL500s and an ML270cdi as daily transport.

James.
    No trees were harmed creating this message, however some electrons were very inconvenienced.

hello and welcome Boyo .... great intro ..... living the dream eh you lucky fella
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

welcome
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

A slightly envious welcome(!) from a colder place!

Comment

Hola from a non-envious Irishman who loves a fire but hates the heat, and it's too bloody hot here not to mind Spain........22 degrees here this evening at 8pm.........................24-26 forecast for tomorrow...........
          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
            Hola from a non-envious Irishman who loves a fire but hates the heat, and it's too bloody hot here not to mind Spain........22 degrees here this evening at 8pm.........................24-26 forecast for tomorrow...........
            don't panic Stock .... yers gonna get pissed on the morrow .... been bloody heavy today though eh? ... meltio!!
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
            X