Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCB 1 Ton HI tip dumper

Hi,

First post and slightly concerned as this dumper is a hire vehicle.

I was moving wet concrete with the dumper and it decided to roll on its side. I have managed to get the farmer to lift the thing back over, however it was on its side for 24 hrs.

It now wont start and the back wheels seem to have locked into place. When you crank the engine it seems to turn over once and lock out. I initially thought it may be a hydro static lock on the head so I have undone the injectors and the engine still will not start.

I'm thinking that the hydro system is locked in gear and the engine is trying to turn the wheels plus start.

The engine ran for a couple of seconds while I over came my shock and near death experience. White smoke started to come out the exhaust but I quickly killed the engine.

Is there a pressure release of sorts, or a safety cut off then needs pressing again on these? Oils all look good no fuel but that should not stop it turning over. I have a feeling there is no hydraulic oil left in the header tank.

Any help appreciated.

Not a clue but I'd take a guess at the white smoke, obstructed air intake system or a fuel injection issue.
    Have you tried to prime the fuel circuit? Tank to filter, filter to injectors etc? A

Comment

Working...
    X