Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi, been lurking a while and thought it was time to contribute. I own a small business looking after small arms shooting ranges, making them safe for shooters and anyone nearby. I have some walking excavators, tracked mini Dumper's and a mini loader, plus numerous attachments. I'm based near Southampton, but travel the country.
    Graham

Welcome to the forum Graham. Now you have stuck your toe in the water so to speak , hope to see more of you .

Comment

Welcome!
      Sure been lurking for a while according to your join date

Comment

Welcome Graham .. have won some silverware from Bisley my self many years back
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
          Welcome Graham .. have won some silverware from Bisley my self many years back
          Thank you for the welcome.
          Get back down there and put more rounds down so we can dig them out!
          Graham

Comment

Well as Mr Frost would have said Gra, " Hello, good evening and welcome" ..... no excuses now .... let's see some pix of yer Menzi Boyo

Got a feeling you may not be alone shortly
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
              no excuses now .... let's see some pix of yer Menzi Boyo
              It's difficult because of where I usually work, but here are a few of the A61 and one each of the A20 and Euromach 1500m.
              Unfortunately come out sideways and not sure how to right them.

IMG_3070.jpgIMG_0311.jpgIMG_0757.jpgIMG_0595.jpgIMG_0878.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Grahams View Post
                It's difficult because of where I usually work, but here are a few of the A61 and one each of the A20 and Euromach 1500m.
                Unfortunately come out sideways and not sure how to right them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3682[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3681[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3680[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3678[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3679[/ATTACH]

I'll cope Gra ...... NICE .... still expensive in the underwear dept., or you got the drop on it .... but you have had more practice than most at scary locations .... Do you ever get up my way at all .. Dering lines, Brecon Barracks or Sennybridge perhaps ?? .... or even the SAS camp at Madley ? ... all pretty close to Druid central

Muz .... Maskinisten recently introduced a facility on there, to be able to rotate pix in the thread ... dunno whether your version has the capacity to do this too ?
                If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Muz .... Maskinisten recently introduced a facility on there, to be able to rotate pix in the thread ... dunno whether your version has the capacity to do this too ?
                  I'll check it out .. its an iphone thing which Ive reported on earlier, used to be you had to take photos with the phone upright, now would you believe you have to take them landscape with the phone sideways, and when you do they come up fine

Nice Machine Graham I cast my own now, and getting good hard lead is harder to find these days ..
                  Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I'll cope Gra ...... NICE .... still expensive in the underwear dept., or you got the drop on it .... but you have had more practice than most at scary locations .... Do you ever get up my way at all .. Dering lines, Brecon Barracks or Sennybridge perhaps ?? .... or even the SAS camp at Madley ? ... all pretty close to Druid central
                    I obviously still have the odd moment, but basically got the hang of it. The smaller ones are quite tricky, but the A61 is remarkably straight forward. More pumps and circuits so you are not having multi switches that multi task and fry your brain cells.
                    i get down that way occasionally. Next time I'll get in touch.
                    Graham

Comment

I'll check it out .. its an iphone thing which Ive reported on earlier, used to be you had to take photos with the phone upright, now would you believe you have to take them landscape with the phone sideways, and when you do they come up fine

Nice Machine Graham I cast my own now, and getting good hard lead is harder to find these days ..
                      Yes, they were all taken on an iPhone. I'll try landscape next time.
                      The spent bullets I get wouldn't be any good for you. The civilian clubs tend to keep it so reloaders can recycle it, but the military stuff which I get to keep has too much antimony in for cast lead bullets. Makes them too brittle and poisons you in the process. Can't understand why the use antimony at all in jacketed bullets.
                      I have a mate who casts lead fishing weights and he has got in with a guy who does fancy lead roofing. He has all his offcuts for cash at scrap price. Ideal for both of them, he gets clean pure lead and the guy doesn't have to get a cheque or bank transfer from the scrap man but has readies instead.
                      If you shoot into a sand bullet catcher I'll come and delead it for you and you can have them all back.
                      Graham

Comment

having to go further afield for the church roofs you haven't already stripped eh ?

The Maskinisten thingy is a set of arrows for each pic Muz and can rotate them any way up ....... it's a handy lil' gizmo (if you already have it built in to your platform?)

maskinisten.jpg
                        Last edited by v8druid; 31-07-2017, 08:48 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

The spent bullets I get wouldn't be any good for you. The civilian clubs tend to keep it so reloaders can recycle it, but the military stuff which I get to keep has too much antimony in for cast lead bullets. Makes them too brittle and poisons you in the process. Can't understand why the use antimony at all in jacketed bullets.
                          I have a mate who casts lead fishing weights and he has got in with a guy who does fancy lead roofing. He has all his offcuts for cash at scrap price. Ideal for both of them, he gets clean pure lead and the guy doesn't have to get a cheque or bank transfer from the scrap man but has readies instead.
                          If you shoot into a sand bullet catcher I'll come and delead it for you and you can have them all back.
                          Graham
                          Antimony hardens it, (as you'll probs know) which stops fouling and laying down in the barrel. Also means you can use higher loads that wont soften the bullet. Some jacketed stuff still have lead bases exposed , not all are fully jacketed to save on production cost, and the softer it is the more easily it will melt with hotter factory loads such as used by cops/military and also, deforms too easily so hardening is still required I would imagine.

Pure lead is fine for round ball, but just leads to a world of hurt in any centrfire due to the increased temperatures and pressures so it has to be hardened for effective use. Theres certainly plenty of places up here in Scotland with a LOT of lead stuck in the catchment areas ! I do have one customer who does the same as you up here at Faslane .. but all their stuff is jacketed too so would take a bit of sorting out in the melt pot. Any lead melting is a risky business for sure. Only known sources of hard stuff are printers linotype lead and car wheel weights, or recycled heads as you say.

The Maskinisten thingy is a set of arrows for each pic Muz and can rotate them any way up ....... it's a handy lil' gizmo (if you already have it built in to your platform?)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3683[/ATTACH]
                          Yep looks cool ... Their forum is PHPBB which is totally different code unfortunately ... anyway Ive researched and the VB techs just say its an iphone issue, and their pics are replicated authentically, which is true .. but not very helpful. As people have pointed out on VB pages, Facebook seem to have managed it fine ? anyways, Ive asked a few questions, so we'll see if theres any solutions, as I find it particularly annoying myself and appreciate peoples frustration with it. You can fix it all by using an image editor quite easily but a lot of people dont want to go to that trouble which I can appreciate

Comment

ah well ... c'est la vie ..... I'll keep mine up the right way ..... the rest of you bad buggers had better start doing the same ..... as you say Muz it's frustrating .... especially if it's your pix that have just fallen over

Got to say .... Maskinisten is one sorted forum ..... apart from being in ****ing Swedish
                            They ain't got as good a posting page as you though Muz .... still got to bracket bold or italics, underline, etc. and the emojis come up as eek etc., 'til you preview ..... but there're no limits (that I've found yet, anyway )

'Tis good yer though

Comment

I obviously still have the odd moment, but basically got the hang of it. The smaller ones are quite tricky, but the A61 is remarkably straight forward. More pumps and circuits so you are not having multi switches that multi task and fry your brain cells.
                              i get down that way occasionally. Next time I'll get in touch.
                              Graham
                              AWESOME .... would love an up close and personal look at a Menzi

Comment

Working...
                              X