Lifting capacity old 801.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifting capacity old 801.4

I know the machine is not designed specifically for lifting but I tried to lift a bag of stone with the straps in one of those tonne bags- about 300kg of stone and it just about lifted it off the floor but when I extended the arm to try to get it in a dumper it would cooperate. I have checked the manual to see if this is reasonable but cant find any capacity details .Anyone got any ideas on this one please?

cheers

Mike

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
    I know the machine is not designed specifically for lifting but I tried to lift a bag of stone with the straps in one of those tonne bags- about 300kg of stone and it just about lifted it off the floor but when I extended the arm to try to get it in a dumper it would cooperate. I have checked the manual to see if this is reasonable but cant find any capacity details .Anyone got any ideas on this one please?

cheers

Mike
    From my minimal experiences of them ... which is about 2 weekends ossing out some footings for a mate with an 8014 ... I'd guess you're asking way too much of that Mike .... not the greatest with a bucketful at full stretch, so doubt it'd be too happy with 300kgs close in either
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
      From my minimal experiences of them ... which is about 2 weekends ossing out some footings for a mate with an 8014 ... I'd guess you're asking way too much of that Mike .... not the greatest with a bucketful at full stretch, so doubt it'd be too happy with 300kgs close in either
      thanks v8 I feel better now

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
        thanks v8 I feel better now
        Muz'd give you a definitive on that one Mike, but that'd be my opinion based on experience ..... limited though it is with this model ...... 300 Ks is a lot of weight really, when you consider you'd prob.s be straining a tad with 50 !!
        These lil beasts are only a step or two up from a 1 RB really
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Sounds about right .. none of my JCB brochures give lifting weights, but most of the others do .. a comparable Volvo or Kubota will lift 290-300kgs at 2m from dead center of the machine, the further out you go it tails off rapidly to about 160kgs at 3m
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
            Sounds about right .. none of my JCB brochures give lifting weights, but most of the others do .. a comparable Volvo or Kubota will lift 290-300kgs at 2m from dead center of the machine, the further out you go it tails off rapidly to about 160kgs at 3m

thanks very much Muz

Comment

Working...
            X