There IS a god !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There IS a god !

Had a slow drip of hydraulic oil onto the left hand track of my JCB803 for quite a while now. I'd already been underneath a couple of times and found the culprit to be a feed from one of the three hydraulic pumps damp with oil. I'd tightened the fittings but the drip persisted.

Yesterday I decided it HAD to be sorted. I poked the rear end of the machine so that it was hanging over the edge of my loading dock, and by sitting in a plastic garden chair with my head leaning right back I could not only get a much better view but also access the whole length of the pipe I was expecting to have to remove it and crimp up a replacement, they are 'face' fittings with O rings that fall out as you assemble them!

Ah but, what is this? Oil wicking down the pipe from the pressure monitoring fitting, one of those things with a knurled cap that you can remove to fit a test gauge. IT WAS FINGER TIGHT! I've been putting off sorting this for WEEKS, and in the end it was trivial in the extreme :)

Good to know .. it is the old story of being aware, and having a diagnostic approach to check the simple stuff first
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
    X