Worth keeping fwd tipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth keeping fwd tipping

Looking for opinions if it is worth the expense and ongoing upkeep to blue upgrade fwd tipping dumper ticket

Situation is did my telehandler & fwd tipping Feb 2016, artic dumper Nov 16, 360 March this year.

Have enough hours for my blue cards except on 360, so wondering weather it is now worth keeping the wee dumper or just an added waste of money.

Originally posted by ultimate driver View Post
    Looking for opinions if it is worth the expense and ongoing upkeep to blue upgrade fwd tipping dumper ticket

Situation is did my telehandler & fwd tipping Feb 2016, artic dumper Nov 16, 360 March this year.

Have enough hours for my blue cards except on 360, so wondering weather it is now worth keeping the wee dumper or just an added waste of money.
    No idea what cost is involved, but it's a qualification that could ultimately earn for you, so unless exorbitant I'd be inclined to maintain it.

I bitterly regret allowing my HGV to lapse when I was ill .... it would take a lot of getting back now ....the annoying part is that I have held an HGV since I was 18 - one of about 200 issued at the time and I am no less a driver, despite the paperwork to say so, having lapsed
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
      I bitterly regret allowing my HGV to lapse when I was ill .... it would take a lot of getting back now ..
      Sometimes you dont get an option fella , the way things work out..... and that aint no fault of yours I'm sure .. DVLA are pretty brutal now with their medical criteria .. dont ask me how I know

And yes lad .. I'd keep as many tickets as you can, easier to renew them (providing its not too expensive as said) and keep your options open than train for new ones
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
        Sometimes you dont get an option fella , the way things work out..... and that aint no fault of yours I'm sure .. DVLA are pretty brutal now with their medical criteria .. dont ask me how I know

And yes lad .. I'd keep as many tickets as you can, easier to renew them (providing its not too expensive as said) and keep your options open than train for new ones
        Well it's £600 for telehandler alone or £1000 with dumper to, but my thinking is with other big machine tickets now, it is unlikely the other wee dumper ticket is going benefit me, would most likely just end up being a convenience for sites, but an unnecessary expense for me as I'm unlikely to do a full time solely fwd tipping contract again.

Comment

Working...
        X