Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 JCB 3CX Sitemaster Electrics

1993 JCB 3CX Sitemaster.
    I've had a problem with batteries discharging and the digger not starting. This turned out to be the most obvious and most stupid thing possible.... A loose fan belt

However since tensioning the belt the general alarm buzzer sounds about every seven seconds with the Red "Lightning Flash Symbol" light on the dash panel accompanying the buzzer sound.

Any ideas?

James.
    No trees were harmed creating this message, however some electrons were very inconvenienced.

Originally posted by RedLiner View Post
    1993 JCB 3CX Sitemaster.
    I've had a problem with batteries discharging and the digger not starting. This turned out to be the most obvious and most stupid thing possible.... A loose fan belt

However since tensioning the belt the general alarm buzzer sounds about every seven seconds with the Red "Lightning Flash Symbol" light on the dash panel accompanying the buzzer sound.

Any ideas?

James.
    is it charging ?? might have a faulty alternator / diode pack / regulator ..... causing the original discharge issues
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
      is it charging ?? might have a faulty alternator / diode pack / regulator ..... causing the original discharge issues
      Thanks, that's what I thought at first but the alternator seems to be dishing out a steady voltage. I'm sure that the original flat battery syndrome was caused by the loose drive belt, and when I say loose I could spin the alternator by hand. It is just this regular bleep every six seconds that's puzzling.

I've got some time on my hands so It might be an idea to whip out the alternator and check it properly.

Thanks again,
      James.
      No trees were harmed creating this message, however some electrons were very inconvenienced.

Comment

Thanks, that's what I thought at first but the alternator seems to be dishing out a steady voltage. I'm sure that the original flat battery syndrome was caused by the loose drive belt, and when I say loose I could spin the alternator by hand. It is just this regular bleep every six seconds that's puzzling.

I've got some time on my hands so It might be an idea to whip out the alternator and check it properly.

Thanks again,
        James.
        It's only a Bobby basic, Lucas 17/18ACR on there isn't it ?? Chuck another one on there ..... and see if it cures the problem.

er.... just noticed .... you'm in Espana .... not so easy to find a Lucas 18ACR in the local breakers there

just looked on ebay and they're 50 ****ing quid ..... last time I bought one of them they were 22 ... while ago though
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

I took out the alternator and repaired it myself.
          There's an ato electric place in the nearby town of Estepona and I've known the owner for donkey's years. He gave me some second hand diodes and other bits and pieces he had knocking around.
          With the replacement diodes and a general service the alternator is dishing out the required output, so the battery is staying charged right up and no starting issues.

James.

Comment

I took out the alternator and repaired it myself.
            There's an ato electric place in the nearby town of Estepona and I've known the owner for donkey's years. He gave me some second hand diodes and other bits and pieces he had knocking around.
            With the replacement diodes and a general service the alternator is dishing out the required output, so the battery is staying charged right up and no starting issues.

James.
            Usually diodes or reg failure ..... glad you were able to get it sorted

Comment

Working...
            X