jcb 8014 digger fuel issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jcb 8014 digger fuel issues

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum with a jcb 8014 digger. Looks a great site for sharing information and gaining some knowledge. My digger is haveing some fuel problems and I believe it is the lift pump. I changed the fuel filter out and blew the line back to the tank to ensure it is not blocked, but when I run it at full throttle and work with it for 10-15 mins it will stumble and stall. It will restart usually fairly quickly with a little bit of stumbling but I need to idle it before I begin to work again. I have just been using it at idle so it doesnt stall but I need to solve the issue. I believe the liftpump is getting weak judging by how much fuel I get when bleeding. Does anyone know the perkins number for the fuel pump (jcb parts are crazy expensive and hard to get here in canada).

Thanks

Originally posted by cdndigger View Post
    Hi everyone, I am new to the forum with a jcb 8014 digger. Looks a great site for sharing information and gaining some knowledge. My digger is haveing some fuel problems and I believe it is the lift pump. I changed the fuel filter out and blew the line back to the tank to ensure it is not blocked, but when I run it at full throttle and work with it for 10-15 mins it will stumble and stall. It will restart usually fairly quickly with a little bit of stumbling but I need to idle it before I begin to work again. I have just been using it at idle so it doesnt stall but I need to solve the issue. I believe the liftpump is getting weak judging by how much fuel I get when bleeding. Does anyone know the perkins number for the fuel pump (jcb parts are crazy expensive and hard to get here in canada).

Thanks
    Hi and welcome to the P&C F ..... I assume it's a mechanical pump you are referring to ?
    What motor is it exactly?
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Just go through the banjo fittings on the fuel line , Sometimes there is small gauze filters inside the fitting that can get blocked .
      Welcome to the forum to by the way .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
        Just go through the banjo fittings on the fuel line , Sometimes there is small gauze filters inside the fitting that can get blocked .
        Welcome to the forum to by the way .
        Yeh good shout Ian ...... they're buggers those lil' gauzes
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

lift pump

hi and welcome,

i have a spare lift pump, one along with a 103.10 kd block and pistons, crank , water pump, fuel injector pump ,almost a complete short engine. not sure of part number for lift pump but they are easy enough to strip and clean. best of luck

Thanks

Comment

manual request

Hi kirk, how about sharing some photos? whjat year is your 8014?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X