Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land Rover Discovery Not Starting?!

Alright guys,

A couple days ago my nephew was driving the discovery around the yard and ended up going into a stack of pallets, no visible damage done really other than a little scuff, but now every time I try to start it up it just won't budge, I know it's vague but any thoughts on what it might be?

Cheers.

Not sure about the discovery but freelanders have a safety cut out button on passenger side inner wing that stops it from starting discovery may have same thing

Comment

Member Stock here had his Discovery stop starting .I believe he tracked it down to a failed Immobilizer.

Comment

if it's injection they have an impact/inertia cut out sensor, drives the fuel pump, so in the event of an accident, or collision it stops the fuel pump.....would be my first 'port of call' ..... no idea WTF it'd be on there though
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Thank you all for your replies, they're all good suggestions, I'm going to take a look at it again today and keep your suggestions in mind so that I can hopefully troubleshoot it and get to the bottom of it once and for all. It's just been sat in the yard doing nothing so hopefully we can get a bit of life back into her! Cheers all

Comment

what exactly is it ?? series 1, 2, or 3 ? diesel or petrol?
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

is it 200, 300, TD5, Tdv6 ?
              A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Were to buy diesel fuel injectors in the West Midlands?

Yeah you were right, it's an injector problem, paid to have it diagnosed, does anyone know where I can diesel fuel injectors in or around the West Midlands?

Any suggestions would be really appreciated!

Cheers

Comment

Did the guy that did the diagnostics reset the inertia switch as that cuts the fuel of to injectors if it gets a bash

Comment

If its a discovery 2 it should be on bulkhead in engine bay discovery 3 should be under one of the front seats

Comment

Cheers Alan I'm not sure if he has, it's in his garage now, it's a discovery 2 so I'll let him know just in case he hasn't, he's a mate of mine anyway so he's only charging me as a one off and said I can leave it at the garage for free and as long as I source the injectors he'll sort it. Quite lucky in that respect mate. He's recommended a couple options, firstly, dare I bloody say! Ebay or he said this bunch ( www.carwood.co.uk ) refurbish injectors, which is cheaper, and they are extremely local to me but I've never used them and to be honest I've never had injectors refurbished so I don't have a clue how long that'll take and I don't really want to faff about and have me car sat in his garage for longer than necessary since he's doing me the favour, has anyone ever actually had their injectors refurbished and how long's it take please?

Or does anyone have any other decent suggestions where I can sort em quick and affordably?

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                      X