Thread: Yet another newbie post

Yet another newbie post

Hi everyone, sorry to rehash probably the oldest thread known to man......
    I'm thinking about a career change to take my a59, but its a fair old financial commitment to pay so my questions are.
    I appreciate experience is required to get a foot in the door and i have some experience through being a grave digger for 2yrs and helping my mate build bike tracks but no formal training/tickets so do i need to do the novice course or the intermediate?
    I intend to get more tickets in time (more strings to my bow n all that) but, apart from the red ticket, what else would i need to have in order to get work?
    And what is the current work climate in the south west? Moving from site to site n constantly changing companies? Or is long term employment still a thing???
    Thanks in advance for any advice folks

Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Quote Originally Posted by Andykite View Post
    Hi everyone, sorry to rehash probably the oldest thread known to man......
    I'm thinking about a career change to take my a59, but its a fair old financial commitment to pay so my questions are.
    I appreciate experience is required to get a foot in the door and i have some experience through being a grave digger for 2yrs and helping my mate build bike tracks but no formal training/tickets so do i need to do the novice course or the intermediate?
    I intend to get more tickets in time (more strings to my bow n all that) but, apart from the red ticket, what else would i need to have in order to get work?
    And what is the current work climate in the south west? Moving from site to site n constantly changing companies? Or is long term employment still a thing???
    Thanks in advance for any advice folks
    'Fraid I don't have answers for you boyo, other than the fact that these bloody money spinning tickets aren't a legal requirement to having yer bum in a cab

Welcome to the forum and I'm sure someone'll be along with advice sooner or later
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Quote Originally Posted by v8druid View Post
    'Fraid I don't have answers for you boyo, other than the fact that these bloody money spinning tickets aren't a legal requirement to having yer bum in a cab

Welcome to the forum and I'm sure someone'll be along with advice sooner or later
    Cheers, i feel very welcome 😂

I like bike tracks, photos of bike tracks are more than welcome
    I canít however help sadly sorry.