Yet another newbie post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another newbie post

Hi everyone, sorry to rehash probably the oldest thread known to man......
    I'm thinking about a career change to take my a59, but its a fair old financial commitment to pay so my questions are.
    I appreciate experience is required to get a foot in the door and i have some experience through being a grave digger for 2yrs and helping my mate build bike tracks but no formal training/tickets so do i need to do the novice course or the intermediate?
    I intend to get more tickets in time (more strings to my bow n all that) but, apart from the red ticket, what else would i need to have in order to get work?
    And what is the current work climate in the south west? Moving from site to site n constantly changing companies? Or is long term employment still a thing???
    Thanks in advance for any advice folks

Originally posted by Andykite View Post
    Hi everyone, sorry to rehash probably the oldest thread known to man......
    I'm thinking about a career change to take my a59, but its a fair old financial commitment to pay so my questions are.
    I appreciate experience is required to get a foot in the door and i have some experience through being a grave digger for 2yrs and helping my mate build bike tracks but no formal training/tickets so do i need to do the novice course or the intermediate?
    I intend to get more tickets in time (more strings to my bow n all that) but, apart from the red ticket, what else would i need to have in order to get work?
    And what is the current work climate in the south west? Moving from site to site n constantly changing companies? Or is long term employment still a thing???
    Thanks in advance for any advice folks
    'Fraid I don't have answers for you boyo, other than the fact that these bloody money spinning tickets aren't a legal requirement to having yer bum in a cab

Welcome to the forum and I'm sure someone'll be along with advice sooner or later
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
      'Fraid I don't have answers for you boyo, other than the fact that these bloody money spinning tickets aren't a legal requirement to having yer bum in a cab

Welcome to the forum and I'm sure someone'll be along with advice sooner or later
      Cheers, i feel very welcome 😂

Comment

I like bike tracks, photos of bike tracks are more than welcome
        I can’t however help sadly sorry.

Comment

Working...
        X