Thread: Kubota kx016 or Tak tb016

Kubota kx016 or Tak tb016

Or Hitachi EX17u. Any opinions?

Thanks

despite my love of Kubota, the only 016 I like is the variable track one, (which might be the 018 ?) as it has the extra counterbalance in the tail, without it its too unstable .. dont have any experience of the other 2
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help lots of others, which is why we exist

Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    despite my love of Kubota, the only 016 I like is the variable track one, (which might be the 018 ?) as it has the extra counterbalance in the tail, without it its too unstable .. dont have any experience of the other 2
    The kx016 is available s/h with adjustable track width. Like you, I wouldnít want one without.

Well I checked the only one in my fleet today and it was an 018.6 .. I think it is actually very good, but it was a good couple of grand more IIRC than the 16 . I posted a thread here somewhere about comparing the 016 to an older Volvo EC15 and the difference was shocking, at full stretch across the tracks with me standing on the bucket the kubota fell over, whereas, all 16st of me could jump up and down on the Volvo and it never budged an inch .. not saying I endorse Volvo now though .. havent bought any of their stuff in a few years
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help lots of others, which is why we exist

And should add .. the Volvo dipper was slightly longer too

Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    Well I checked the only one in my fleet today and it was an 018.6 .. I think it is actually very good, but it was a good couple of grand more IIRC than the 16 . I posted a thread here somewhere about comparing the 016 to an older Volvo EC15 and the difference was shocking, at full stretch across the tracks with me standing on the bucket the kubota fell over, whereas, all 16st of me could jump up and down on the Volvo and it never budged an inch .. not saying I endorse Volvo now though .. havent bought any of their stuff in a few years
    I want to be able to take it into the woods, so unstable isnít good. I suppose, ideally I could do with an extra wide undercarriage.

Thanks

Quantity Surveyor on the up v8druid's Avatar
    Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Quote Originally Posted by Pond digger View Post
    I want to be able to take it into the woods, so unstable isnít good. I suppose, ideally I could do with an extra wide undercarriage.

Thanks
    or stabilisers
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!