X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kubota kx016 or Tak tb016

Or Hitachi EX17u. Any opinions?

Thanks

despite my love of Kubota, the only 016 I like is the variable track one, (which might be the 018 ?) as it has the extra counterbalance in the tail, without it its too unstable .. dont have any experience of the other 2
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      despite my love of Kubota, the only 016 I like is the variable track one, (which might be the 018 ?) as it has the extra counterbalance in the tail, without it its too unstable .. dont have any experience of the other 2
      The kx016 is available s/h with adjustable track width. Like you, I wouldn’t want one without.

Comment

Well I checked the only one in my fleet today and it was an 018.6 .. I think it is actually very good, but it was a good couple of grand more IIRC than the 16 . I posted a thread here somewhere about comparing the 016 to an older Volvo EC15 and the difference was shocking, at full stretch across the tracks with me standing on the bucket the kubota fell over, whereas, all 16st of me could jump up and down on the Volvo and it never budged an inch .. not saying I endorse Volvo now though .. havent bought any of their stuff in a few years
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

And should add .. the Volvo dipper was slightly longer too

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
            Well I checked the only one in my fleet today and it was an 018.6 .. I think it is actually very good, but it was a good couple of grand more IIRC than the 16 . I posted a thread here somewhere about comparing the 016 to an older Volvo EC15 and the difference was shocking, at full stretch across the tracks with me standing on the bucket the kubota fell over, whereas, all 16st of me could jump up and down on the Volvo and it never budged an inch .. not saying I endorse Volvo now though .. havent bought any of their stuff in a few years
            I want to be able to take it into the woods, so unstable isn’t good. I suppose, ideally I could do with an extra wide undercarriage.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Pond digger View Post
              I want to be able to take it into the woods, so unstable isn’t good. I suppose, ideally I could do with an extra wide undercarriage.

Thanks
              or stabilisers
              If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
              X