Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: front blade height 801.4

New Start

front blade height 801.4

does anyone know the correct clearance height of the front blade from the ground. Mine seems to low and its highest setting and other than machining a new pin and bracket below existing one to raise the blade i cannot see any other way of raising it. any ideas? thank you in advance

IMG_20171017_123647.jpg

That's odd. It should lift up high enough to just clear the underneath of the sump when you spin round. Then should go down enough to pick you up about 6"". Very strange

This is a blade you bought though ? so not original for the machine ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help lots of others, which is why we exist

New Start
    Hi Muz, that is correct, but the old blade is the same size, just seriously damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    This is a blade you bought though ? so not original for the machine ?

New Start
    the engine sump? i think it goes down enough but not sure about up, after all there is only one ram.

Quote Originally Posted by diggerjones View Post
    That's odd. It should lift up high enough to just clear the underneath of the sump when you spin round. Then should go down enough to pick you up about 6"". Very strange

So the position of the ram mount bracket on the new blade is different then, thats why it wont come up so far I suspect ? especially if the ram is the same one
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help lots of others, which is why we exist

Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    So the position of the ram mount bracket on the new blade is different then, thats why it wont come up so far I suspect ? especially if the ram is the same one
    trouble is it won't go down far enough, then, if it's in a position to get it up higher ????
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

New Start
    Thank you, Will check measure measurements with old one, the blade is same so will look at bracket. will also look at ram movement

Quote Originally Posted by v8druid View Post
    trouble is it won't go down far enough, then, if it's in a position to get it up higher ????
    Not really , just re set it middle for diddle .. easy enough for you and me to say V8 though .. simple cut and weld .. blades usually go only 4-6 inch below ground .. but the height difference between the ram mount position and blade arms on the excavator body is only a few inches .. so the ram stroke only needs to be quite short to get the blade to move a good distance up and down

New Start
    just checked my 801.4- when the blade is fully 'up' the bottom of the blade is 7 inches from the floor and the ram appears horizontal .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast