Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: front blade height 801.4

New Start
    Hi Mike, thank you for info, my distance is only 3 inches so something is very wrong. does the blade turn on the pin in the blade bracket, (wondering if the pin is to tight).
    what is the distance from the ram shoulder to bracket on chassis at the raised height. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    just checked my 801.4- when the blade is fully 'up' the bottom of the blade is 7 inches from the floor and the ram appears horizontal .

New Start
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarttee View Post
    Hi Mike, thank you for info, my distance is only 3 inches so something is very wrong. does the blade turn on the pin in the blade bracket, (wondering if the pin is to tight).
    what is the distance from the ram shoulder to bracket on chassis at the raised height. thank you
    Hi terry with the blade raised fully I can only get a finger in between the ram shoulder and the bracket = is that what you meant?

New Start
    Hi Mike, yes that is what i meant. thank you. I removed the pin (attached to front of blade and ram) this evening and found that the blade moves freely upwards. However the Ram will not retract anymore and there is about an inch gap between ram shoulder and bracket. Now that is when the blade is 3 inches off the ground. So I am wondering if the Ram has been changed, as the hydraulic pressure seem ok , as the blade will remain in raised position all day!

Hi terry with the blade raised fully I can only get a finger in between the ram shoulder and the bracket = is that what you meant?

New Start
    Hi Mike, Can you measure the length of the body of the ram please and the height from the top of the blade to ram pin center when blade / ram is horizontal ie at its highest.
    I am wondering now if the old blade was not the original and the new blade i purchased was based on the size of the old blade. photo below.
    thank youm regards Terry

IMG_20171121_142345.jpgIMG_20171121_142402.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12