front blade height 801.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front blade height 801.4

does anyone know the correct clearance height of the front blade from the ground. Mine seems to low and its highest setting and other than machining a new pin and bracket below existing one to raise the blade i cannot see any other way of raising it. any ideas? thank you in advance

IMG_20171017_123647.jpg

That's odd. It should lift up high enough to just clear the underneath of the sump when you spin round. Then should go down enough to pick you up about 6"". Very strange

Comment

This is a blade you bought though ? so not original for the machine ?
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Hi Muz, that is correct, but the old blade is the same size, just seriously damaged.

Originally posted by Muz View Post
        This is a blade you bought though ? so not original for the machine ?

Comment

the engine sump? i think it goes down enough but not sure about up, after all there is only one ram.

Originally posted by diggerjones View Post
          That's odd. It should lift up high enough to just clear the underneath of the sump when you spin round. Then should go down enough to pick you up about 6"". Very strange

Comment

So the position of the ram mount bracket on the new blade is different then, thats why it wont come up so far I suspect ? especially if the ram is the same one
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

So the position of the ram mount bracket on the new blade is different then, thats why it wont come up so far I suspect ? especially if the ram is the same one
              trouble is it won't go down far enough, then, if it's in a position to get it up higher ????
              If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Thank you, Will check measure measurements with old one, the blade is same so will look at bracket. will also look at ram movement

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                  trouble is it won't go down far enough, then, if it's in a position to get it up higher ????
                  Not really , just re set it middle for diddle .. easy enough for you and me to say V8 though .. simple cut and weld .. blades usually go only 4-6 inch below ground .. but the height difference between the ram mount position and blade arms on the excavator body is only a few inches .. so the ram stroke only needs to be quite short to get the blade to move a good distance up and down

Comment

just checked my 801.4- when the blade is fully 'up' the bottom of the blade is 7 inches from the floor and the ram appears horizontal .

Comment

Hi Mike, thank you for info, my distance is only 3 inches so something is very wrong. does the blade turn on the pin in the blade bracket, (wondering if the pin is to tight).
                      what is the distance from the ram shoulder to bracket on chassis at the raised height. thank you

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
                      just checked my 801.4- when the blade is fully 'up' the bottom of the blade is 7 inches from the floor and the ram appears horizontal .

Comment

Originally posted by Smarttee View Post
                        Hi Mike, thank you for info, my distance is only 3 inches so something is very wrong. does the blade turn on the pin in the blade bracket, (wondering if the pin is to tight).
                        what is the distance from the ram shoulder to bracket on chassis at the raised height. thank you
                        Hi terry with the blade raised fully I can only get a finger in between the ram shoulder and the bracket = is that what you meant?

Comment

Hi Mike, yes that is what i meant. thank you. I removed the pin (attached to front of blade and ram) this evening and found that the blade moves freely upwards. However the Ram will not retract anymore and there is about an inch gap between ram shoulder and bracket. Now that is when the blade is 3 inches off the ground. So I am wondering if the Ram has been changed, as the hydraulic pressure seem ok , as the blade will remain in raised position all day!

Hi terry with the blade raised fully I can only get a finger in between the ram shoulder and the bracket = is that what you meant?

Comment

Hi Mike, Can you measure the length of the body of the ram please and the height from the top of the blade to ram pin center when blade / ram is horizontal ie at its highest.
                            I am wondering now if the old blade was not the original and the new blade i purchased was based on the size of the old blade. photo below.
                            thank youm regards Terry

IMG_20171121_142345.jpgIMG_20171121_142402.jpg

Comment

Working...
                            X