Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin

Hi All,

New user. I have a Volvo EC25 at the weekend on my self build the hoists boom ( Boom at bottom nearest cab) stopped going down after a few times being slow. I have stripped the valve as I was told it could be a sticky valve. I took the top of the valve to find a top hat inside a spring and it all looked ok. I took the bottom valve off and found the same, top hat and spring, when I released the bottom valve shaft the boom went down, I turned on the engine and when I put the right hand joy stick back I get good flow of hydraulic fluid out the pipe, then I push it forward I get nothing out of the top pipe on the valve. I put it all together and still the ram comes up to meet the cab but will not go back down. Im not sure what next, is it the unit under the joy stick, is it the the ram etc ? I have no idea what to try next. The oil is new a few months ago. machine takes a long while to warm the oil and work fast.

Appreciate any help, very limited budget so trying to repair myself

Its not clear from your description what could be at fault, although, I'd expect the seal pack has come off the rod inside the ram case from the kinds of things you are saying .. i'd be checking that first before pulling the valves apart oh and welcome
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
    X