Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: EC15B heavy start

Apprentice joiner

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    Never had a starter 'partially fail' ? they are are always either working perfectly, or totally gubbed ... and the main reason ive had for failure is when the main starter relay remains energised after start causing the starter to remain engaged whilst the engine is running .. which will burn the starter out in 5 minutes .. then the machine is completely immobilised on a site wherever it stops ... if you are lucky you get one shot at seeing this when the main 50 amp fuse blows under the seat ... if you replace that thinking it was a one off.. youve just missed your warning shot
    So far what I have analyzed, is that the solenoid is not engaging the main contacts and therefore nothing happens, but will retest it. I quess this starter has done its's job as the machine has over 3400 hrs on it. 8 hr days that would be some 400 starts, but probably a lot more. What I suspect is a short circuit somewhere. But as the starter is only some 150 delivered at your door, will put a new one.

Apprentice joiner

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Mattir View Post
    So far what I have analyzed, is that the solenoid is not engaging the main contacts and therefore nothing happens, but will retest it. I quess this starter has done its's job as the machine has over 3400 hrs on it. 8 hr days that would be some 400 starts, but probably a lot more. What I suspect is a short circuit somewhere. But as the starter is only some 150 delivered at your door, will put a new one.
    Tested it. Solenoid pops out fine but does not connect. Cant be repaired as it is pressed. New one ordered from Holdwell.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345