EC15B heavy start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muz View Post
    Oh Yes .. you will disappear through the dry ice smokey spangly curtains as Mattir the 'Apprentice Joiner' and re emerge as Mattir the " *person of special qualities* " ....but wait ....... we have a month and a half to wait yet till the end of 2017 for someone to steal your impending crown .. I think it will be a tough job to beat that though .. plus we need the evidential material and hard evidence of the cold start .. and you know there are some hardened sceptical punters round these parts, we will need to see a temp of the block being sub zero before the job commences .. we don't do fake awards round these parts ( the committee will know if you've stuck the thermometer in a bag of ice beforehand )
    Sounds great but fair: no glory without proof. Just hope that when the smoke clears there will at some glory left. Waiting for the right weather for the start attempt. Now we keep on getting slush-water-snow mixture and no signs of zubzero temperatures.

stay tuned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mattir View Post
      Sounds great but fair: no glory without proof. Just hope that when the smoke clears there will at some glory left. Waiting for the right weather for the start attempt. Now we keep on getting slush-water-snow mixture and no signs of zubzero temperatures.

stay tuned...
      You just keep your "zubzero temperatures" to your selves boyo .... and any of that white shit
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
        You just keep your "zubzero temperatures" to your selves boyo .... and any of that white shit
        Yes, but you guys up there in Scotland are partly quilty for our weather as we get most of the weather systems and especially the storms from the North Atlantic. You could keep the low pressures there at your backyard

Comment

Yes, but you guys up there in Scotland are partly quilty for our weather as we get most of the weather systems and especially the storms from the North Atlantic. You could keep the low pressures there at your backyard
          I think you meant 'guilty' .. I cant get quilty enough round these parts .... and Mr V8 is from Wales Land .. a different part of Englandshire .. but a close enough neighbour especially in celtic matters relating to rugby .. eh boyo ? But I am in firm agreement .. we dont need the white stuff

Now then Mattir ... I have some news for you .. depending on the outcome of a small package I have arriving tomorrow .... your thunder might be about to be stolen, as I 'may' have stumbled on another classic EC 15 fix .. my confidence is high, and my powder is dry .. ill wait till I have the package disassembled and , only then will I know my fate ... it too, involves a starting problem...
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I think you meant 'guilty' .. I cant get quilty enough round these parts .... and Mr V8 is from Wales Land .. a different part of Englandshire .. but a close enough neighbour especially in celtic matters relating to rugby .. eh boyo ? But I am in firm agreement .. we dont need the white stuff

Now then Mattir ... I have some news for you .. depending on the outcome of a small package I have arriving tomorrow .... your thunder might be about to be stolen, as I 'may' have stumbled on another classic EC 15 fix .. my confidence is high, and my powder is dry .. ill wait till I have the package disassembled and , only then will I know my fate ... it too, involves a starting problem...
            Oh yes. Sorry for mixing mr. V8 with the Scots. Wales is totally different story with your accent that just barely is understandable to a foreigner even with a lifelong English practise. But i guess you enjoy being a bit hard to understand.

The white stuff is here already and up in the North creating a beatiful scenery for Santa and the reindeers. I can easily live without. All it does is bring a lot more light to the dark forests and makes walking the dog safer.

Muz, I can hardly wait for your newest -15 fix and getting dressed for the nomination ceremony of ”the most incredible person with unbelievable skills in repairing Volvo EC15B excavators” I anticipate that to happen there on the English soil

Comment

6 sec. heat and still heavy

Hi guys,

Now logged in with smartphone with an idea to post the video (32 megs) of the 6 sec. preheat time as a proof of successful repair of the timer. The timer worked out fine, but why us the engine so heavy? It barely cranks and the cables get worm but wont start. Did not try for long not to burn the starter.

As if the engine is attempting to start against full load...

Where to start troubleshooting?

Btw. Cant add video with a smartphone.
              Last edited by Mattir; 02-12-2017, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Hi guys,

Now logged in with smartphone with an idea to post the video (32 megs) of the 6 sec. preheat time as a proof of successful repair of the timer. The timer worked out fine, but why us the engine so heavy? It barely cranks and the cables get worm but wont start. Did not try for long not to burn the starter.

As if the engine is attempting to start against full load...

Where to start troubleshooting?

Btw. Cant add video with a smartphone.
                You are better to post the vid to youtube, then put a link box in here for it

Your dead mans solenoid might have failed, meaning theres a flow going on somewhere, but I'd have thought it would default to the 'off' position ... are any of the rams stroked to one end ? try moving the track levers whilst cranking to see if that releives any pressure
                Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

You are better to post the vid to youtube, then put a link box in here for it

Your dead mans solenoid might have failed, meaning theres a flow going on somewhere, but I'd have thought it would default to the 'off' position ... are any of the rams stroked to one end ? try moving the track levers whilst cranking to see if that relieves any pressure
                  Great Muz! Amazingly fast response, almost online . Thanks!

Almost gave up as the the cranking sounded so desperate, but after the pizza will go back with a new battery try wiggling the track levers.

Study the wsmanual as well while drinking a cup of coffee

would post my 1st ever youtube video as well.

Comment

WS manual to the rescue

9A03C666-3505-4635-819E-A6EEF919F74E.jpg
                    Here it is. Sorry for the small size.

Muz, your theory makes a lot of sense. The solenoid that enables the working hydraulics is active when the safety port switch is in the not-safe position and the relay 13 lets current either directly or through the pressure switch PA1.

As I can use the start and the motor cranks, the most obvious fault is thata the MA1 is not energized while starting. If it does not get electricity, it will allow the full work load to be present while starting. Will look for a loose connection.

Soon after another cup of coffee will go out, work my way through the snow, and try again.

Comment

Solenoid dead

20171202_145627.jpg

There it is. 12V present but nothing happens. We have solved this. Now need to get new one somewhere affordably.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4020[/ATTACH]

There it is. 12V present but nothing happens. We have solved this. Now need to get new one somewhere affordably.
                        Most likely nothing solved as this is a Suco pressure valve, normally open. So the 12V measured between the terminals is normal. The questuin remains:Where the f# is the safety solenoid? Is it either one of the valves that have service bulletin for replacing them due to burning? those are attched in the same block as the pressure sensor but almost inaccessible...

Comment

D7439B35-106C-4B6F-AB47-4D595B003C02.jpg
                          Location of the magnetic valves as shown in the WSM. MA1 is not a mg valve but a pressure switch. Verified with the mfg codes. Where is the MA1?

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4021[/ATTACH]
                            Location of the magnetic valves as shown in the WSM. MA1 is not a mg valve but a pressure switch. Verified with the mfg codes. Where is the MA1?
                            Talking to myself : the MA1 must be in the block where the Accumulator is connected. I quess that spells for a very avkward operation?

Comment

The video

Talking to myself : the MA1 must be in the block where the Accumulator is connected. I quess that spells for a very avkward operation?
                              Here below the video of a very heavy crank

Comment

This is MA-1

Hi again, continuing my monologue as in Shakespeare's Hamlet but with a bit different thoughts: To start or not to start.

This is the MA-1 and it is called the Pressure relief valve a.k.a hydraulics safety valve.

Now I just would have to understand how this works. I quess it should relief the pressure while starting and thus prevent pressure build up in the hydraulics.

IMG_4073.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X