selling jcb 3cx to a overseas company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• selling jcb 3cx to a overseas company

Hi can anybody advise me i put my jcb on ebay last week for sale , a jamaican man came up to west bromwich from london and says he wants it for his company in jamaica , i understand there is no VAT to pay as its going for export , has anybody done this ? do i need shipping details ?

If he's buying it from you and he's in West Brom, why don't you just sell it to him and let him sort the shipping when he takes ownership of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Locofitter View Post
      If he's buying it from you and he's in West Brom, why don't you just sell it to him and let him sort the shipping when he takes ownership of it?
      That would be the correct thing to do ... Its not the machine that's VAT registered, its the person. If you need to charge VAT then you should do so, and he must pay it, if he then wants to export it, there will be a method where he can reclaim his VAT from HM Revenue & Customs. VAT in Jamaica appears to be 16.5% which he will probably have to pay when he imports it, so in effect I would imagine all he would save is the 3.5% difference as far as I can see.
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
      X