Battery powered Rammer & Compaction Plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery powered Rammer & Compaction Plates

What is the general feeling on Battery powered Trench Rammers and Wacker Plates " Zero Emissions technology " ?

Dunno about them .. but theres been a few posts here about diggers and a lot of questions about how electro hydraulics work, and if they can be more efficient than conventional powered systems .. and whether they are worth the extra cost ? Would you get more hire revenue ? well thats a lol
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Dunno about them .. but theres been a few posts here about diggers and a lot of questions about how electro hydraulics work, and if they can be more efficient than conventional powered systems .. and whether they are worth the extra cost ? Would you get more hire revenue ? well thats a lol
      I was referring to battery operated hand-held trench Rammer from Wacker Neuson, simply clip the charged battery to the unit & use ( just switch the switch ) , no pull cord, no choke, no fuel to store, no mixing 2 stroke, no " wont bloody start " because it has dirty fuel of has flooded.. Wacker are promoting these battery powered tools & I'm sure a battery powered plate will soon follow the Rammer.. If you think back maybe 15 or 20 years battery drills were a thing of fiction or a thing of dreams, everyone now has everything battery,, Drills, Saws, Grinders, Grease guns, Impact guns, & now it will soon be the turn of larger tools as the battery technology improves.. I am sure over the life of a battery powered tool the saving on time fetching fuel, starting the engine the cost of the fuel to start with will balance the extra cost you will have up-front.. What if you could hire a battery on a weekly or monthly program to bring the initial cost of the tool down, you also get zero emissions & a hell of a lot less noise when working in sensitive areas.. We see it with vehicles It is going to follow into the construction industry sooner or later & in my opinion we have to take it with both hands when it comes.

Comment

And fair points there ..but until they can be produced cheaply enough, they wont be viable, because like I mentioned, theres no way you'll get any extra revenue for them, plus, I think with those devices, its the vibration that will be the killer for the battery technology.
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
          And fair points there ..but until they can be produced cheaply enough, they wont be viable, because like I mentioned, theres no way you'll get any extra revenue for them, plus, I think with those devices, its the vibration that will be the killer for the battery technology.
          If your in a sensitive area where noise & pollution are both issues, the battery has to be the way forward, I had the chance to use a Battery Rammer for an afternoon & sharing your concernes went into it with a very very open mind,, I was more than impressed, No fumes in the trench was the biggest thing & then no effort to start the engine was the 2nd most noticeable thing.. With the battery, which is the expense if you could rent them or hire them as you go along it is only the same as buying fuel but without the trip to the fuel station, Less red tape transporting or storing fuel on site also has to be a good thing,

There is a fair chance battery will become the new norm with all tools & some machines in time to come,

Comment

Electric drive trains, batteries and electric actuators are on their way to the market, but as their are not mainstream, the cost is still highish. As quite a bit of the activity is renovation and electricity is available, electric equipment could be used. Less noise, lack of toxic exhaust fumes and economy are the major benefits.

I expect to see several manufacturers to introduce at least prototypes or concepts of electrically driven equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattir View Post
              Electric drive trains, batteries and electric actuators are on their way to the market, but as their are not mainstream, the cost is still highish. As quite a bit of the activity is renovation and electricity is available, electric equipment could be used. Less noise, lack of toxic exhaust fumes and economy are the major benefits.

I expect to see several manufacturers to introduce at least prototypes or concepts of electrically driven equipment.

I have been told Wacker have a more battery power equipment coming over the following months,

Comment

When one casts an eye to the professional landscaping tool manufacturers like husky and stihl the are using back packs to get any reasonable work time from their equipment, but I suppose in time petrol and diesel will be the rarity.............
                A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                  When one casts an eye to the professional landscaping tool manufacturers like husky and stihl the are using back packs to get any reasonable work time from their equipment, but I suppose in time petrol and diesel will be the rarity.............
                  Another option is to use replaceable batteries. You need only a couple of them and ideally one could charge those in car while working and put in a fresh battery during the coffee break.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattir View Post
                    Another option is to use replaceable batteries. You need only a couple of them and ideally one could charge those in car while working and put in a fresh battery during the coffee break.
                    Wacker will be launching a new battery powered plate compactor very Very soon, The trench rammer they already have & the new plate will use the same clip on batteries

( rammer + plate compactor + 2 batteries + 1 chargers = your in business with 2 tools )

Comment

Working...
                    X