No announcement yet.

Mitsubishi L3E Overheating and now need Spares and Filter Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needed to use my mini digger again today (had used it just before this last bought of rain for a good day's use, about 5 weeks ago and all was well) and low and behold, after about 30 mins of use, it overheated. I removed the thermostat and just let the water freely circulate and again after a relatively short period (30-45 mins, maybe longer) it overheated again. If the thermostat is out and the water pump is turning, then I'm at a loss as to what might be causing it. Came to Google to do a search, found a useful looking link - clicked on it and low and behold it's my own thread from 5 years ago! Guess I've not used my digger much over the last few years, but it's still a useful tool to have sat there gathering dust (or cobwebs). I think I'm going to change the water pump and thermostat and see what happens. I'm 99% sure the rad is ok as I've previously flushed it (see above) and I'm also pretty sure I'm not blowing combustion air into the water as it doesn't happen straight away and the water is not oily.

Any other suggestions?
    Hanix H15B-2 with Mitsubishi L3E (17HP) Engine

Comment

Originally posted by TuscanPhil View Post
      Needed to use my mini digger again today (had used it just before this last bought of rain for a good day's use, about 5 weeks ago and all was well) and low and behold, after about 30 mins of use, it overheated. I removed the thermostat and just let the water freely circulate and again after a relatively short period (30-45 mins, maybe longer) it overheated again. If the thermostat is out and the water pump is turning, then I'm at a loss as to what might be causing it. Came to Google to do a search, found a useful looking link - clicked on it and low and behold it's my own thread from 5 years ago! Guess I've not used my digger much over the last few years, but it's still a useful tool to have sat there gathering dust (or cobwebs). I think I'm going to change the water pump and thermostat and see what happens. I'm 99% sure the rad is ok as I've previously flushed it (see above) and I'm also pretty sure I'm not blowing combustion air into the water as it doesn't happen straight away and the water is not oily.

Any other suggestions?
      Air lock ? Is the brass nut with the temp tag on it still connected ? .. when you say overheat does it boil or shut its self down, as the control unit or tag might be faulty ?
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
      X