X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volvo EC15B

Hi, I'm new to this forum

So here it goes!

Recently purchaced a Volvo EC15B 2008. In the manual a lever is shown to convert the accessory circuit pressure line and return ( I presume for a pecker) to a double acting service. This lever is not on my machine. I have looked at the valve block and it is a double acting valve ( same as the two next to it which control the tracks I think). One side goes to one accessory pipe on the arm, the other goes to the other pipe on the arm but also has a tee back to the tank. This tee is roughly located where the lever is pictured in the manual ( behind your right foot as you sit on the seat)

The question is can I blank off the hoses at this tee thus making the circuit constant double acting or is there more to it?

Any help appreciated 👍

Usually the return to tank is for rockbreaker, so the oil bypasses the control valve.I think for less back pressure and not creating heat being restricted going through the control valve ..The tee should be a 2 way valve , so maybe the lever has been taken off .Look for a square that the lever would have gone on ,use a spanner to turn it .Usually move 90 degrees

Comment

The fitting is behind your right foot as you say, its a three way service with a valve on top which has two positions, set by a 90 degree turn as Ian said. The two positions are either bi directional flow controlled by the rocker pedal on the cab floor, or single flow when the pedal is pushed down, and the return is routed straight back to tank. The valve may not be so obvious if someone has knocked the red handle off the top of it .. you need to take out the removable tray under the seat to see it. What is it you are trying to use the flow for ? I'm not sure I understand your question ? .. the valve is just a switch, its the pedal on the floor that controls the flow ?
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Ec15b

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
        Usually the return to tank is for rockbreaker, so the oil bypasses the control valve.I think for less back pressure and not creating heat being restricted going through the control valve ..The tee should be a 2 way valve , so maybe the lever has been taken off .Look for a square that the lever would have gone on ,use a spanner to turn it .Usually move 90 degrees
        Thanks for replying 😀

No valve, just a tee where I think the valve should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
          The fitting is behind your right foot as you say, its a three way service with a valve on top which has two positions, set by a 90 degree turn as Ian said. The two positions are either bi directional flow controlled by the rocker pedal on the cab floor, or single flow when the pedal is pushed down, and the return is routed straight back to tank. The valve may not be so obvious if someone has knocked the red handle off the top of it .. you need to take out the removable tray under the seat to see it. What is it you are trying to use the flow for ? I'm not sure I understand your question ? .. the valve is just a switch, its the pedal on the floor that controls the flow ?
          I want to run double acting ram on a log splitter off the breaker circuit.

The valve you describe is not on my machine, just a tee fitted. Today I have blanked off the return pipe to the tank and where I disconnected it from the tee and now I have a double acting service.

The question was if this would damage the machine.

Thanks👍

Comment

Originally posted by Smiler View Post
            I want to run double acting ram on a log splitter off the breaker circuit.

The valve you describe is not on my machine, just a tee fitted. Today I have blanked off the return pipe to the tank and where I disconnected it from the tee and now I have a double acting service.

The question was if this would damage the machine.

Thanks👍
            sounds to me like the tee has been put in, in place of a three way diverter valve, described by Muz and Ian..... gives you an either / or flow routing
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
            X