EC15B starts well but stalls after 10 seconds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mattir View Post
    RE4 is the second one from left. The wires from the relays were loose because the connector was loose.

New 300A main switch, installed it today.

pic is upsidedown... sorry

Battery isolater switch is usually in the negative side of the circuit .... I doubt that will pass 300 A in the live +ve side of things
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Never seen an Isolator in there .. even with my head upside down good job you got it sorted Mattir ..and thanks for your posting and research work.. and your time and effort .. which will help loads of other people good job
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Led
        Originally posted by v8druid View Post
        Battery isolater switch is usually in the negative side of the circuit .... I doubt that will pass 300 A in the live +ve side of things
        300A intermittantly is no issue for that switch. Actually it will need to pass only 150A starter current.

Installed it for convenience reasons to switch on / off power without crawling in to the battery compartment.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattir View Post
          Led

300A intermittantly is no issue for that switch. Actually it will need to pass only 150A starter current.

Installed it for convenience reasons to switch on / off power without crawling in to the battery compartment.
          so is the switch a dedicated +ve isolator then Mattir ...... as I say ... most isolators are designed to disconnect the negative side of the circuit and although rated at those sorts of levels, rarely see anything like that level of draw at the -ve side of the circuits.

I can understand why you've put it in though
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
            so is the switch a dedicated +ve isolator then Mattir ...... as I say ... most isolators are designed to disconnect the negative side of the circuit and although rated at those sorts of levels, rarely see anything like that level of draw at the -ve side of the circuits.

I can understand why you've put it in though
            Interesting topic. Hard to imagine where does the idea of having an isolator switch either in the positive or negative come from. It is all the same. The voltage over and current through the switch are the same in both cases. There will be a similar transition overvoltage phenomena if the switch is opened while current flowing through it. Safetywise there is no real difference. All that matters is the switch rating and mechanical strength. Another very important thing is the protection of the wires against abrasion caused by vibration. If that is done carelessly, sooner or later it will burn the doug due to a short circuit. And that will be very hard to extinguish as electrical fires burn as long there is electricity.

Comment

Working...
            X