Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most diggers now have cabs, Should site dumpers have cabs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most diggers now have cabs, Should site dumpers have cabs ?

Dumper cabs seem to be the latest " Must have " on the construction site either for operator comfort & for health & safety reasons, Has the dumper operator been over looked until now ?

seem to remember the local council having cabs on their dumpers here in the 80's / 90's when they couldn't afford to tun pick ups............
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
      seem to remember the local council having cabs on their dumpers here in the 80's / 90's when they couldn't afford to tun pick ups............
      Where are you from " Stock " ?

Comment

Originally posted by digger-man-dumper View Post
        Where are you from " Stock " ?
        Hibernia..................................

Comment

Hibernia..................................
          I hope you don't mind me asking, but where if that,

Comment

I hope you don't mind me asking, but where if that,
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernia

Comment

learnt something else today " thank you "

Do you use plant in your day to day life ?

Comment

Had it worked hard with it got sense went to school now I watch from my office ...............

Comment

Had it worked hard with it got sense went to school now I watch from my office ...............
                  Sounds familiar , Done my fair share of working hard for not much return, Now we sell machinery for a living

Comment

Sounds familiar , Done my fair share of working hard for not much return, Now we sell machinery for a living
                    Any way we have strayed off topic, Back to dumpers with cabs,, Dose any one have experience using dumpers with cabs / IS IT THE FUTURE ?

Comment

Any way we have strayed off topic, Back to dumpers with cabs,, Dose any one have experience using dumpers with cabs / IS IT THE FUTURE ?
                      I had 7 weeks in a 9t Wacker last Feb/March/April .... nice and warm and dry.

WP_20170206_12_09_08_Pro.jpg
                      Couldn't see f**k all going fwds,

WP_20170206_13_10_29_Pro.jpg so went most places backwards

didn't need to get out/off for loading WP_20170209_12_19_39_Pro.jpg

and it got about fairly well WP_20170214_16_47_07_Pro.jpg but could've done with more guts........ once the diffs were dragging

Pretty decent on the whole
                      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                        I had 7 weeks in a 9t Wacker last Feb/March/April .... nice and warm and dry.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4045[/ATTACH]
                        Couldn't see f**k all going fwds,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4044[/ATTACH] so went most places backwards

didn't need to get out/off for loading [ATTACH=CONFIG]4043[/ATTACH]

and it got about fairly well [ATTACH=CONFIG]4042[/ATTACH] but could've done with more guts........ once the diffs were dragging

Pretty decent on the whole
                        Interesting you say you went everywhere in reverse, I saw a pre-production Wacker 6 ton dumper about 3 months ago "" & got to drive her "" She was reverse drive 6 ton with a cab, same idea as a back hoe, you spin the seat, the steering wheel & the controls also spin with you so you can drive the dumper as a " forward tipping " & " rear tip dumper " A VERY VERY IMPRESSIVE BIT OF KIT & due to be launched at the HillHead quarry show in Buxton, " you can go forward in reverse or you can reverse by going forward "

Comment

Interesting you say you went everywhere in reverse, I saw a pre-production Wacker 6 ton dumper about 3 months ago "" & got to drive her "" She was reverse drive 6 ton with a cab, same idea as a back hoe, you spin the seat, the steering wheel & the controls also spin with you so you can drive the dumper as a " forward tipping " & " rear tip dumper " A VERY VERY IMPRESSIVE BIT OF KIT & due to be launched at the HillHead quarry show in Buxton, " you can go forward in reverse or you can reverse by going forward "
                          had to .......even empty you could not see enough of the ground ahead of you to confidently know WTF you were traversing ..... 'til the ruts got to the point they were like rails .... had one pinch point on the haul where you had no choice but to 'run the ruts'. Then get the machine to knock it over every 8-ish trips .... PITA, but as said no choice --- 20ft deep lake on the one side
                          Governing factor was the diff drag ...... on the floor .

Good tool though and if I could've spun the seat around, would've been great
                          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Lack of forward visibility wasn’t to do with the cab (unless you would normally drive standing up) it was that 9 and 10 tonne dumpers have a dangerous lack of visibility over/round the skip.
                            Having hired a 10t Hydrema mini adt they are so much better than the equivalent standard dumper. We were using it in extremely poor conditions in the hills just South of Edinburgh in the depths of winter and the cab ment we had no down time which we would have done on an open cabbed machine. Operator comfort and safety ment it was much more productive.
                            I don’t know what it would add to the total cost of a big dumper, but to have the operator safely enclosed is worth a lot and working in a comfortable environment will increase productivity if it is a full time haulage job. If it is general site work with any muppet leaping in and out the cab will be full of shit, probably get the windows broken from crashing in to things and generally just be an increase in cost.
                            Graham

Comment

Originally posted by Grahams View Post
                              Lack of forward visibility wasn’t to do with the cab (unless you would normally drive standing up) it was that 9 and 10 tonne dumpers have a dangerous lack of visibility over/round the skip.
                              Having hired a 10t Hydrema mini adt they are so much better than the equivalent standard dumper. We were using it in extremely poor conditions in the hills just South of Edinburgh in the depths of winter and the cab ment we had no down time which we would have done on an open cabbed machine. Operator comfort and safety ment it was much more productive.
                              I don’t know what it would add to the total cost of a big dumper, but to have the operator safely enclosed is worth a lot and working in a comfortable environment will increase productivity if it is a full time haulage job. If it is general site work with any muppet leaping in and out the cab will be full of shit, probably get the windows broken from crashing in to things and generally just be an increase in cost.
                              Graham
                              Spot on Gra ...... being able to stand would've been a decided advantage though.

the comfort factor was great .... although we had very little rain this time last year, 'twas bloody cold and the heater was superb. As you say, productivity was 100% ... no worries about trying to warm up/keep warm

If the screen for the fwd facing camera had actually been in the cab, it may have made a hell of a difference

as far as getting about was concerned, 'twas very good on those big floaties, stuffed to the gunwales

hell of a lot better than the 6t swivel Terex / JCB that replaced it, once the bulk had been shifted .... got well and truly bogged on the 2nd run with that and it'd struggle like hell to tip a skip .... was no Thwaites for sure, even though it was brand new, I'd have preferred my old girl anyday ..... plenty of guts and traction

WP_20170405_08_05_53_Pro.jpg WP_20170306_10_24_06_Pro.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X