Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KX41-2 Main boom hydraulics no power

Hello All -

I managed to run my KX41 dry yesterday...... It cut out and then wouldnt restart after being refilled....

I cleaned out the fuel filter (I'll fit a new one imminently) and after much effort got the system primed and the engine restarted. everything is working great (it feels more powerful) with the exception of the main boom. It now will lift incredibly slowly with no weight in the bucket, but with anything in it wont lift at all...

Any one got any ideas? i cant see how cleaning out and repriming the fuel system could have affected the boom...?

Many thanks in advamnce for any help

Originally posted by brettmans View Post
    Hello All -

I managed to run my KX41 dry yesterday...... It cut out and then wouldnt restart after being refilled....

I cleaned out the fuel filter (I'll fit a new one imminently) and after much effort got the system primed and the engine restarted. everything is working great (it feels more powerful) with the exception of the main boom. It now will lift incredibly slowly with no weight in the bucket, but with anything in it wont lift at all...

Any one got any ideas? i cant see how cleaning out and repriming the fuel system could have affected the boom...?

Many thanks in advamnce for any help
    what were you doing when it sputtered to a halt in the engine dept.?? ...... did it actually 'run dry' or did it stall under load ????
    usually 'signs' of running low on fuel, before actually stopping
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

oh and welcome along, by the way
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

It was during digging, it stalled whilst filling a bucket.... then unable to restart.

Thanks for the welcome and speedy response!

Comment

Sounds coincidental ... bit of rubber crumb got stuck in a valve perhaps .. any other things you've had 'worked on' the digger recently ?
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

No, I’ve not had it long, so no work carried out.

I gave it a really good greasing this afternoon, especially round the boom, that seemed to help it a little, then I let it warm up for an hour or so and kept working it and it seems to be back to how it was before... so maybe just a coincidental intermittent fault....?

I’ll try it again tomorrow and see if it’s still ok!

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
              Sounds coincidental ... bit of rubber crumb got stuck in a valve perhaps .. any other things you've had 'worked on' the digger recently ?
              yeh .. I thought coincidence too ...... odd though

Comment

No, I’ve not had it long, so no work carried out.

I gave it a really good greasing this afternoon, especially round the boom, that seemed to help it a little, then I let it warm up for an hour or so and kept working it and it seems to be back to how it was before... so maybe just a coincidental intermittent fault....?

I’ll try it again tomorrow and see if it’s still ok!
                very weird ???

Comment

I had a play with it all over the weekend and it was fine 95% of the time, but i managed to get the same problem showing a couple times...

I had to take the seat out of the cabin to get to the bulkhead panel so i could bleed through to the injectors at the back of the engine, wondering if i maybe disturbed some cabling from the controls which is now showing intermittently... ive pushed all the connectors i can see back together,

Other than that my best guess is some contamintaion in the hydraulics that decided to show up coincidently with my fuel issue....

Any how i'll keep using it and keep my fingers crossed it fixes itself....

Thanks for your responses

Comment

I had a play with it all over the weekend and it was fine 95% of the time, but i managed to get the same problem showing a couple times...

I had to take the seat out of the cabin to get to the bulkhead panel so i could bleed through to the injectors at the back of the engine, wondering if i maybe disturbed some cabling from the controls which is now showing intermittently... ive pushed all the connectors i can see back together,

Other than that my best guess is some contamintaion in the hydraulics that decided to show up coincidently with my fuel issue....

Any how i'll keep using it and keep my fingers crossed it fixes itself....

Thanks for your responses

any news ???

Comment

Working...
                    X