Hours and Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vinpetrol View Post
    A friend of mine does forestry work and has used various bog standard 13 toners for a long time .
    his work is generally mounding though so he doesn’t need to spec them to highly.
    he recently bought a new Hyundai 140 with a bigger under carriage the size you’d get on a 20 toner . It’s excellent for the conditions and was factory built by Hyundai . As it’s new I’m sure it’s well equipped electrically to take anything you’d want to fit on it .
    I like the Hyundai’s as they are tough as old boots and you will need that in the woods .
    this is only my opinion but I wouldn’t go for a jcb .

Vin
    'Morning Vin ..... was hoping you'd jump in here ..... you're the only bloke i know with 'proper' experience of Hyundai gear .. and you rate them, hence my earlier comments on the marque.

how's your health fella? ... hope you're better than the last time we spoke

As you say, big/HD/tough U/c is probably an essential in the woods .... that Doosan 140 is on a BIG u/c for its size and hence the fighting weight approaching 18t.

Again, as you say, getting a m/c which is well spec.ed, for auxiliaries, would be a must have really, from the off.
    PITA trying to plumb att.s with insufficient circuits available
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
      'Morning Vin ..... was hoping you'd jump in here ..... you're the only bloke i know with 'proper' experience of Hyundai gear .. and you rate them, hence my earlier comments on the marque.

how's your health fella? ... hope you're better than the last time we spoke

As you say, big/HD/tough U/c is probably an essential in the woods .... that Doosan 140 is on a BIG u/c for its size and hence the fighting weight approaching 18t.

Again, as you say, getting a m/c which is well spec.ed, for auxiliaries, would be a must have really, from the off.
      PITA trying to plumb att.s with insufficient circuits available
      hi Graham
      im good thanks. Will pm you shortly.
      i will get some pics of the Hyundai and post them

cheers

vin

Comment

just tripped over this on FB Daniel ..... not the 140 but some nice guarding

If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

just tripped over this Daniel ...... any interest ... bit smaller than you're talking about but ........

https://www.tractorsandplant.com/pro...cb-85z-digger/

Comment

That Doosan has extra jaggy grousers
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
              That Doosan has extra jaggy grousers
              yeh they look 'mean' eh? great tools though

Comment

Hello again. Sorry I have not been on to follow up with your replies...just haven't been able to for a while.

v8druid thanks for the pics and yes that's a very nice machine...that's pretty much what I wanted.

Well...I got this close...as you know I spent some fair time looking ..reading..asking !! reading some more...and even dreaming a little bit :-( and I found a half decent machine ready to go...had a yes with the finance ..the machine was only 60k ..I had 20k ...the finance lady just wanted a letter to prove affordability ...and for a number of reasons...all out of my control ...I missed out on the machine.

Just didnt get the support I needed from Euroforest...new area manager...blah blah blah. He suggested maybe winching for them...tractor mounted winch etc....hmmm.

Gutted.

But...Im not done yet...I know I can get finance now if I need to...so Im still looking... I'll go winching for them...but it will be a hydraulic winch on the boom and it will just so happen to have a harvesting head on it too....I'll get there one way or another.

Anyway...thank you for your replies and again Im sorry for not getting on here...I just got a bit fed up with it all for a bit.

I know of a machine now...only 36k plus vat... "usefull machine with FORESTRY wear and tear" lol ...I would imagine that means a complete engine rebuild among other things...so I just wanted to ask what doing a complete engine rebuild would cost...if I did it myself ....or what I can myself maybe.....

The machine is a 2005 Komatsu 138us and has done 10,000 hours.

Any advice will be very much appreciated ...and replied to !!

Thank you
                Daniel

Comment

Working...
                X