Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hope this is of help Boyo ..... axles and gear box look to be EP90

thwaites brakes.JPG
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Bleeding sorted

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
      hope this is of help Boyo ..... axles and gear box look to be EP90

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4154[/ATTACH]
      V8 - thanks for that - you were spot on! Took the bleed nipples put and they were completely blocked - cleaned them out and she bled perfectly and the breaks seem great.

I had earlier contacted Twaites and although they say that my model is too old for them to have specific info they said that the axels have Mobile Fluid 422 in them. When I drained them the fluid that came out, although very dark was fairly thin and so I filled it with Mobile fluid 426 which is similar tot he 422 but the slightly higher spec.

Now moving onto fixing the wiring loom as there are some bad connections which were causing the solenoid actuators for the power shuttle to fail intermittently and hopefully I should be sorted and back out moving manure.

thanks for your fast and really helpful advice.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by docsteviec View Post
        V8 - thanks for that - you were spot on! Took the bleed nipples put and they were completely blocked - cleaned them out and she bled perfectly and the breaks seem great.

I had earlier contacted Twaites and although they say that my model is too old for them to have specific info they said that the axels have Mobile Fluid 422 in them. When I drained them the fluid that came out, although very dark was fairly thin and so I filled it with Mobile fluid 426 which is similar tot he 422 but the slightly higher spec.

Now moving onto fixing the wiring loom as there are some bad connections which were causing the solenoid actuators for the power shuttle to fail intermittently and hopefully I should be sorted and back out moving manure.

thanks for your fast and really helpful advice.

Steve
        Hell you're out fiddling with that late, boyo

How does the Mobil stuff compare in relation to EP90 ?

wiring on them is not the greatest .... should spend some time on mine over the next few months ... more luck than judgement that she's not let me down on the electrics before now
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by docsteviec View Post
          Hi V8 and Smarttee,
          I'm new to this forum and joined because i saw your conversation about the Twaites 4 ton breaks. ...........
          any advice very welcome.

thanks

Steve
          forgot to say ...... welcome to the forum Boyo .... plenty of good info here

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
            Hell you're out fiddling with that late, boyo

How does the Mobil stuff compare in relation to EP90 ?

wiring on them is not the greatest .... should spend some time on mine over the next few months ... more luck than judgement that she's not let me down on the electrics before now

she's all sorted now .....well until the next thing which is going to be an overhaul of lots of the pins on here as the barrow swings around a bit these days and the articulation between the front/barrow and back of the machine has a lot of play in it.

yes i was surprised by the mobile fluid recommendation as the stuff i have is quite a bit thinner than gear oil - more a torque fluid (i use it for the hydraulics on my carrero tractor. but it did say it was for differentials and the stuff i drained out was pretty thin as well. she's running fine now...if the whole axel seizes up in a few months I'll let you know.

Comment

Working...
            X