X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Driver .. Really ?

Saw this on bookface today

*edit* original image has been moved by facebook

Advertised as a post driver ! Well .. if you want to wreck your machine by using it like a hammer crack on !!! probably the most rediculous attachment Ive seen
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

LOL Muz ..... I find 15+tons of Drema tends to push 'em in pretty well .... spike or no spike

can't see as a 2 tonner'd have the same effect though
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Saw this on bookface today

Advertised as a post driver ! Well .. if you want to wreck your machine by using it like a hammer crack on !!! probably the most rediculous attachment Ive seen
      We have a local chap who swears by this method, he knocked 1000's of posts in with a 3cx, & then 1000's with a Hanix 26B, He is now onto his 2nd Hanix probably because it wrecked the 1st one.

Comment

All the operators manuals Ive ever seen warn against such action, and its why constant breaker work is so hard on diggers, however, probably works best with an old slappy machine, as most booms wont accelerate quick enough what with all the load sensing and cushioning built into them.
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
          All the operators manuals Ive ever seen warn against such action, and its why constant breaker work is so hard on diggers, however, probably works best with an old slappy machine, as most booms wont accelerate quick enough what with all the load sensing and cushioning built into them.
          special tool for stetson wearers Muz .... to use it they'd have to first ... "get off your horse and drink your milk"
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
            special tool for stetson wearers Muz .... to use it they'd have to first ... "get off your horse and drink your milk"
            Yeee harr .... I was actually thinking of gettin' one of them thar post chapper attachments for a breaker .. infact someone called looking for one the other day, but I dont know if they are any good ? how da hell dyou keep the post straight without breaking it for a kick off ? summat like this ?

Comment

I know of at least two guys using vibrating plate compactors usually with a cup and a spike for driving in posts. I'm curious to know if the breaker version would break a post if you encountered a rock?

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
                I know of at least two guys using vibrating plate compactors usually with a cup and a spike for driving in posts. I'm curious to know if the breaker version would break a post if you encountered a rock?
                I'd have thought it'd smash it to matchwood Bert

I've seen vid.s of the vibe version and they don't half shove 'em in

Comment

I’ve seen one of those breaker style post rammers in action at Exac-1. Their ground conditions are reasonably easy, but it did drive it in nice. The cup enabled adjustment of the angle as you go.
                  the vibrating plate version looks better as it sort of liquifies the ground around the post with the vibration enabling it to go in easier. Also less damage to the top of the post.
                  graham

Comment

Yeah I kinda figured the vibrating plate would be easier on the post tops than the breaker and I think the plate would be cheaper to buy and maintain than the breaker and easier on the machine?

Comment

Have a look at Arrow Head, they have started doing a dedicated range of Pile driving hammers, the R40 & R45 are well worth their money,,

Comment

Working...
                      X