volvo ec15b playing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• volvo ec15b playing up

Hi everybody I have a 2005 volvo ec15b, it starts well and runs very nicely, but when you track or extend an arm or the bucket or retract an arm or bucket it will nearly stall or will stall even at full throttle, but sometime it will release the presure and then nothing no drive no bucket movement, turn it off wait a while an then it may work it may not, sometimes it will loose hydraulics for 5 seconds and then go back to full power, i have changed the filter checked the oil level, any ideas. John

Never had this kind of symptoms, but I would start troubleshooting from the valve block and check valves. A return spring could be faulty as well.

On the other hand, you could have something wrong with the engine as well, overheating ?

Muz, the Wizard of EC15, might give you the right answer

Comment

Originally posted by johnnymitch View Post
      Hi everybody I have a 2005 volvo ec15b, it starts well and runs very nicely, but when you track or extend an arm or the bucket or retract an arm or bucket it will nearly stall or will stall even at full throttle, but sometime it will release the presure and then nothing no drive no bucket movement, turn it off wait a while an then it may work it may not, sometimes it will loose hydraulics for 5 seconds and then go back to full power, i have changed the filter checked the oil level, any ideas. John
      Welcome Johnny .. what filter did you change ? (this will be a process of elimination so may take some time)
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Mattir View Post
        whats with the roll eyes dude ? feel free to take over the reigns on this fix
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Mattir View Post
          Never had this kind of symptoms, but I would start troubleshooting from the valve block and check valves. A return spring could be faulty as well.

On the other hand, you could have something wrong with the engine as well, overheating ?

it does not overheat just loose all hydraulics or goes to stall if the release valve does not open.

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
            Welcome Johnny .. what filter did you change ? (this will be a process of elimination so may take some time)
            I chagned the one under the seat

Comment

My problem is I know nothing about hydraulics, I can take most things to pieces and put them back together but need to know what to look for and where to look for it.

Comment

Cool so thats the return hydraulic filter

Where did you get the machine from ? any previous history ?

Is there any froth visible in the Hyd oil inspection window?

What colour paint is on the engine ?

Can you give us a pic of the engine fuel filters ?

Comment

Cool so thats the return hydraulic filter

Where did you get the machine from ? any previous history ?

Is there any froth visible in the Hyd oil inspection window?

What colour paint is on the engine ?

Can you give us a pic of the engine fuel filters ?
                  I bought it last week from a gardening company, they had no issues but for the starter motor which I fixed, there is no throth in the inseption window, the engine is a L3E mitsubishi I think, the fuel filter is the same as on a kubota compact tractor a little paper one inside a glass tube, at on piont the engine made a knocking noise like metal on metal but has not since.

Comment

told yer Muz'd be the man to talk to Johnny ....

explanation for everyone else -----
                    John lives real close to me and had PM-ed me about this -
                    we actually know each other from a very long way back but not seen each other in a very loooong time ...

so we're already ahead a bit on the Ovlov front, ref. its 'issues'

gonna have to go see John and take me pressure test gear with me ....

Might catch up over the weekend John ??....... I'll give you a bell mate

Think I have tomorrow to myself, as SWMBO is off to Bristol with her daughter and Clara
                    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Muz - is this a variable flow pump??? LS line having issues ?? or crud in the MRV ??
                      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

at on piont the engine made a knocking noise
                        Thats normal too for an L3E when cold its your Hydraulic working pressures that are borked i think ..... you will need to get your machine tested or buy guages to acertain the correct pressures

Comment

Thats normal too for an L3E when cold its your Hydraulic working pressures that are borked i think ..... you will need to get your machine tested or buy guages to acertain the correct pressures
                          any test points on 'em Muz ??

Stauf or Minimess ?

My test kit is all Stauf ........ and i'll bet me left nut all the plumbing is ****ing metric fittings

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                            any test points on 'em Muz ??

Stauf or Minimess ?

My test kit is all Stauf ........ and i'll bet me left nut all the plumbing is ****ing metric fittings
                            Despite my many years ... I never had to buy a test kit because I was mostly a Kubota owner .. kinda says it eh ? ... but after a few posts here and owning Volvo ex Pel Job I had to aquaint my self with the gear ....Stauf it is I think.... and yes all fittings metric

Comment

Hi,

tried to contribute and went to the carage to see if I could find info on my gauge. All I found was MSC, a stamp of an italian hydraulics company on the connector.

But, looked at my previous emails and can now confirm: Stauff M16 is the right answer.

Comment

Working...
                              X