volvo ec15b playing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muz View Post
    ..... bear in mind that 5 Bar either way makes all the difference to that machine
    Well it appears to be behaving, after backing the MRV off a gnat's bollock, to get the pressure released at just a tad under the displayed 140 bar .... reckon the pump's tired TBH.

tracking fine, everything else seems fine and not stalling .... John's going to set it to work over the weekend and let me know if it needs any further tweaking ........ I'd say, with a little reservation (in case) .... we might just have cracked it
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
      see what i can do Muz ..... but it's a BIG file for my pissy 'net

where do you want me to put it ??????
      here or a separate thread .... have you got a manuals one ???
      just bang it here i'll sort it later

Well it appears to be behaving, after backing the MRV off a gnat's bollock, to get the pressure released at just a tad under the displayed 140 bar .... reckon the pump's tired TBH.

tracking fine, everything else seems fine and not stalling .... John's going to set it to work over the weekend and let me know if it needs any further tweaking ........ I'd say, with a little reservation (in case) .... we might just have cracked it
      So is 140 Bar the most the pump will give ?

Not sure if I mentioned but all those settings are supposed to be done with everything warmed up
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
        just bang it here i'll sort it later

So is 140 Bar the most the pump will give ?

Not sure if I mentioned but all those settings are supposed to be done with everything warmed up
        I'll give the upload a try later mate

I realise that it needs warming up and the pump might also improve as it does, but that's the max figure I could get anywhere, but .........

if it's re-set above whatever max it's giving cold ..... you'd never warm it up. 'cos the bugger'd be stalling from the off

at least it's work-able ATM ...... see what some work does for it .. I might pop down over the weekend when JM is working it and see what it's doing / giving, pressure wise. IMHDO, yon pump is very tired, but it's now 'optimised' for what's available ... for now at least.

suck it and see really ...... but for now it's actually functional.

now let's see if this PDF will crawl into your system ......... nope gets to 2% and freezes
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Pressure is built up due to resistance. If the pump / engine stalls at 140bars, it is not OK. It should stay up and running even at 170bars minimum. Mine works well even ar 200bars...

engine is the next suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattir View Post
            Pressure is built up due to resistance. If the pump / engine stalls at 140bars, it is not OK. It should stay up and running even at 170bars minimum. Mine works well even ar 200bars...

engine is the next suspect.
            Or its not running in the correct rev range
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Graham altered the release valve and it seemed to work, today tried the use it a bit, it tracked 100m with out issue, on the third scope it stalled and then no hydraulis, the blade lifted very slowly, but nothing else would move nor will it track, I also noticed when i whent start it it turned over very slowly and when it fired up it took a full minuite to get going as if it was still stugling with the hydraulics, the pump is quite knocky, does shine a light on anything

Comment

Thing is guys ...... when a pressurised system reaches a stalling point .... unless there is some where for the pressure to go to it has to stall .... you can not push 5 litres into a 3 litre container .... end of story ... a liquid is not compressable. It can only be pumped around at a given pressure AND volume ..... once you've 'stuffed' X amount of oil into the system, without anywhere for it to go it will go solid.

if the thing doing the stuffing (the pump) can only reach 140bar and the 'exit' for the oil will only operate at say 160bar ... the pump will stop stuffing before the 'exit' opens ..... the same would apply at 10 bar or 1000 bar, if the 'exit' (MRV) is set 20 bar higher than the achievable pressure, dictated by the pumps ability, it will stall ... simple as !! It stalls because there is no where to 'stuff' any more oil, regardless of whatever pressure we are talking about, if the 'exit' for the oil is closed.

Yours is working fine at 200 bar Mat, because at that pressure the MRV opens and allows a continuation of flow, all be it at 200 bar ... because the pump is able to pump at that pressure .... you wind your MRV above the capabilities of the pump and I will GUARANTEE you it will stall ..... simple physics!!

Comment

Originally posted by johnnymitch View Post
                  Graham altered the release valve and it seemed to work, today tried the use it a bit, it tracked 100m with out issue, on the third scope it stalled and then no hydraulis, the blade lifted very slowly, but nothing else would move nor will it track, I also noticed when i whent start it it turned over very slowly and when it fired up it took a full minuite to get going as if it was still stugling with the hydraulics, the pump is quite knocky, does shine a light on anything
                  hydraulically locked IMHDO .... gonna have to have that MRV out the block and take a look see ...... if it's a balanced pressure unit, it might have summat in a shuttle, like a rubber crumb causing issues ... the springs in a balanced pressure RV unit are miniscule and will not cope with anything but oil in them ..... totally different animal to a basic 'over-pressure' spring based unit ......

.........And BUGGER !!!

Comment

Hi Muz and cheers ...... the stauf pressure test ports on this un are not in the same locations as your schematic ..... they are however where they're shown in't manual I had from Aiden, so once I've waded through said book ... we'll have another crack at it
                    Yeah cos Ive realised that scematic I posted is for an EC 15 xt or xr or xtv .. I'm guessing the 15B is a bit different

Comment

Hi Muz and Graham, the story so far, I took it the a machinic who blow it up, when I got it back here the conrod had snapped and the engine was totally F----D no blame on the machics side but he could of told me, the big end had spune, I fitted a second hand engine and the hydraulic seem to work, I took the presure valve out to clean so the presure is not set plus I noticed the jubily clips on the pump from the tank did not do up so I changed them, so to cap it all off I think the problems were 2 fold, air getting in by the jubily clip and the engine was slowly seezing and down on power, I will let you know when presure is right.

Comment

Thanks for the update, so many we never hear from

Comment

Originally posted by johnnymitch View Post
                          the big end had spune, I fitted a second hand engine and the hydraulic seem to work, I took the presure valve out to clean so the presure is not set plus I noticed the jubily clips on the pump from the tank did not do up so I changed them, so to cap it all off I think the problems were 2 fold, air getting in by the jubily clip and the engine was slowly seezing and down on power, I will let you know when presure is right.
                          Not uncommon .. someone will have had it over on its side then at some point, and not shut it down fast enough amongst other things... It can take quite some time for the damage to become evident.

Comment

Working...
                          X