No announcement yet.

volvo ec15b playing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you cant make it work after that pic above ... theres other matters afoot I'm afraid ... cos that is a whole block set up
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      ok I'm getting this now .. I think our cultures are slightly different specifically the ' ' to us in the UK means .. thanks for the dozer blade .. 1 : but I can't be arsed 2: I think you are a 3: you are talking shite ...... whereas the correct emoji would be or or or or or or or or or............................
      Originally posted by Mattir View Post
      Well, honestly did not think of the emoji too deeply. Just picked up one that looked a bit embarrased and thankful as well. Ment to be humble and accepting the correction. Apologies for any hidden meanings. Remember, English is not my native tongue

But, Muz, how can I change my text to as nice as yours ” toilet ...” ? I could be something similar...
      thats this one Yes my friend I know that .. and you do very well with it to be honest
      As said Muz ..... Mat does exceptionally well, considering our 'tongue' is not his ...... just keep at it Mat, we're all 'friends' here and if anyone takes exception to a wrong emoji ..... you're bound to hear about it .....

I'm on maskinisten and that it is serious hard work, even with the translate button; trying to decipher the meaning of some of the posts is totally beyond me ..... luckily many people respond to me in English, when they are able, which is great .... and very kind
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

If you cant make it work after that pic above ... theres other matters afoot I'm afraid ... cos that is a whole block set up
        Hi Muz and cheers ...... the stauf pressure test ports on this un are not in the same locations as your schematic ..... they are however where they're shown in't manual I had from Aiden, so once I've waded through said book ... we'll have another crack at it

still think the MRV is wound down too tight to prevent the pump overcoming it and dumping to tank ..... a reset is required, first and foremost
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Do you think if I bought a presure gauge, took the presure release valve off and cleaned it out then set the presure that may cure it

Comment

Originally posted by johnnymitch View Post
            Do you think if I bought a presure gauge, took the presure release valve off and cleaned it out then set the presure that may cure it
            Sorry mate..... I haven't forgotten you John ..... will try and get down in the next day or so ..... been either too bloody wet .... busy digging or Clara sitting .... Got visitors tomorrow afternoon ... and it's me treatment day..
            'Praps Tuesday evening

Comment

it was surgested to me today that it may be the return filter inside the hydraulic tank that may need cleaning, any thoughts?

Comment

it was surgested to me today that it may be the return filter inside the hydraulic tank that may need cleaning, any thoughts?
                Pretty sure you replaced the return filter canister John .... unless my memory is playing tricks.
                There's a strainer type filter on the pick up in the tank, but I'd have though it was too small a scale to have a return filter housing sat in the tank

Muz ????

Comment

Return filter is beside the tank under the drivers seat. In the tank is merely a metal screed.

Comment

Yeah the return is a spin on can under the seat ... never changed one in all the 20 ec15's ive had .. always worth eliminating, but I doubt that will be the issue.
                    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Hi I am not on about the screw on filter I changed that, I am on thinking the one inside the tank it is gorse and may need cleaning, i have no idea how you get to it, they show you how to remove it and replace it but not how to get to it.

Comment

i have no idea how you get to it, they show you how to remove it and replace it but not how to get to it.
                        Cant help you on that.. in all me years Ive never had to ? ... you could be a P&C forum educator here and get the spanners out ! .. we'll keep you right if you post photos of your work as you go Previous experience has taught me though that 98% of the time faults lie elsewhere, modern circuits and filtration are well designed and any debris will be in the return if at all, and the few ive split open reveal very little, that said .. catastrophic failures do happen! .. but if its a pump .. all will be in the return.

Comment

Cant help you on that.. in all me years Ive never had to ? ... you could be a P&C forum educator here and get the spanners out ! .. we'll keep you right if you post photos of your work as you go Previous experience has taught me though that 98% of the time faults lie elsewhere, modern circuits and filtration are well designed and any debris will be in the return if at all, and the few ive split open reveal very little, that said .. catastrophic failures do happen! .. but if its a pump .. all will be in the return.
                          Can't see that this is a gauze pick up strainer issue Muz or it'd be straining for supply .. it op.s fine 'til it's dead ended, then the issues appear .... I'm still of the opinion the MRV is wound down so tight the pump can't overcome it, to dump to tank and so is stalling the motor.

Looks like a balanced pressure cartridge type affair, so if it's been wound in beyond the capacity of the pump, it'll never overcome it.

I'm going down to have another look tomorrow evening, all being well ...... gonna back the MRV off, with a gauge in circuit, to just under the 160 bar it was giving last time (I'll check first to see it still is), lock it off and see how it performs, with the ability to dump to tank properly, in dead ended scenarios ..... then stretch its legs and see how it behaves.

Watch this space

Comment

Hi I am not on about the screw on filter I changed that, I am on thinking the one inside the tank it is gorse and may need cleaning, i have no idea how you get to it, they show you how to remove it and replace it but not how to get to it.
                            what page is that on John?

Muz....... what's the biggest file size I can upload as a PDF ??

Happily load this (the manual) if it's possible ... the whole thing is huge, but I broke it up into parts to email to John ... no way could my net cope with a 56Mb att.

Comment

You'd need to upload it to a file sharing site then link to it. Hope you get a result, ..... bear in mind that 5 Bar either way makes all the difference to that machine

*edit* try it .. ive just bumped the pdf limit to 100 meg

Comment

You'd need to upload it to a file sharing site then link to it. Hope you get a result, ..... bear in mind that 5 Bar either way makes all the difference to that machine

*edit* try it .. ive just bumped the pdf limit to 100 meg
                                see what i can do Muz ..... but it's a BIG file for my pissy 'net

where do you want me to put it ??????
                                here or a separate thread .... have you got a manuals one ???

Comment

Working...
                                X