Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forum

Hello
    My background is I started work as an apprentice at Benfords in Warwick in the 70's. Worked in the fabrication shops and ended up as a production engineer on the Roller and Dumper assembly lines. I am currently working in the spares division based in Coventry assisting in identifying parts for our product range over the last 30 odd years. I have copies of all our parts manuals and a selection of Operators manuals. Over 43 years at the company now and seen plenty of changes over my time here. We were bought out by Terex around 2000 and in March 2017 a French company bought us called Mecalac. If I see any of our products on the forums I will be only too pleased to help if I can.

Regards

Andy

Originally posted by AndyMartin View Post
    Hello
    My background is I started work as an apprentice at Benfords in Warwick in the 70's. Worked in the fabrication shops and ended up as a production engineer on the Roller and Dumper assembly lines. I am currently working in the spares division based in Coventry assisting in identifying parts for our product range over the last 30 odd years. I have copies of all our parts manuals and a selection of Operators manuals. Over 43 years at the company now and seen plenty of changes over my time here. We were bought out by Terex around 2000 and in March 2017 a French company bought us called Mecalac. If I see any of our products on the forums I will be only too pleased to help if I can.

Regards

Andy
    Hello, good evening and welcome (as a certain Mr Frost used to say) Andy ..... think I have a 1-71 from memory .... it's old, cantankerous and in need of attention ATM ...... when it works, it's good .... just a PITA when it doesn't perform. Having had it apart several times now, I can do it in the dark ..... just need to develop the enthusiasm to take the drive side off it yet again --- it's bloody heavy

Muz is gonna love you by the way ... he's a big Mec fan, as am I ..... great tools
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Welcome Andy Sounds like you've earned your stripes

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
      it's old, cantankerous and in need of attention ATM ...... when it works, it's good .... just a PITA when it doesn't perform.
      Hey .. I resemble that remark
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Welcome to the forum Andy.
        By your other post i see that you will fit in well with the spirit of the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
          Welcome Andy Sounds like you've earned your stripes

Hey .. I resemble that remark

.......... you said it Muz
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
            Welcome to the forum Andy.
            By your other post i see that you will fit in well with the spirit of the forum.
            sure looks that way Ian ..... we got a mole in Mec's .... bloody faultless

Comment

Working...
            X